William Shatner Says He Wants To Be In Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek
Patrick Stewart is set to return to Star Trekto reprise his role as Jean-Luc Picard in the upcoming Picard TV series. But would the franchise’s other most beloved Enterprise captain be up for heading back to Starleet once again?
William Shatner last played James Tiberius Kirk 25 years ago in 1994’s Star Trek: Generations, but over the years he’s said he’d be interested in making a comeback and now, he’s doubled down on that. And specifically, the actor’s said that he’d like to have a role in Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming Star Trek movie, which is starting to turn a lot of heads.
See the video below for what Shatner had to say:
Of course, what the iconic actor’s referring to here is Tarantino’s comments from earlier this week, when the acclaimed director said he’s a huge fan of Star Trek: The Original Series and loves Shatner’s performance as Captain Kirk.
While none of this is confirmation that Shatner will indeed suit up again for Starfleet, it’s certainly encouraging to hear that both parties are interested in making it happen. Then again, it doesn’t look like QT’s Star Trek film is moving very fast, with the project still seemingly in the early, early stages of development. And if the director continues to take his time with it, Shatner may be too old to return. As he says in the video above, he doesn’t know if he’d be up for it.
Still, we’ll remain hopeful and with any luck, Tarantino will find a way to bring the legendary actor back in some capacity whenever the movie eventually takes flight.
More on this: 20 stories
- Devil's Revenge Trailer: William Shatner & Jeri Ryan Open a Portal to Hell
- Devil's Revenge Trailer Sends Star Trek's William Shatner, Jeri Ryan to Hell
- Devil's Revenge Trailer: William Shatner Shoots Demons With A Shotgun
- Tarantino vs. 'Star Trek': The female collaborators we want to see
- William Shatner Envisions Captain Kirk Running Wild in Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- Karl Urban: Studio would be “insane” not to make Tarantino's Star Trek
- Karl Urban Says A Quentin Tarantino 'Star Trek' Film Would Be "Phenomenal"
- William Shatner Wants To Run Wild In Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie
- Studio Would Have To Be Insane Not To Make Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek According To Karl Urban
- Why Quentin Tarantino Should Not Direct the Next Star Trek
- Tarantino vs. Star Trek: Everything you need to know
- William Shatner willing to return for Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants to Reprise Captain Kirk for Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants to Be Captain Kirk in Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner wants to be in a Quentin Tarantino Star Trek film
- Star Trek: William Shatner Wants to Be a Part of the Quentin Tarantino Movie
- Star Trek: William Shatner Would Return For Quentin Tarantino's Film
- William Shatner keen to reprise Star Trek role
- Will Quentin Tarantino really make Star Trek his final frontier?
- Tarantino's Star Trek Script is Set in the 'Chris Pine Timeline'