Star Trek: Voyager's Robert Picardo in Talks to Appear in Star Trek: Picard
The Star Trek: Picardtrailer released a San Diego Comic-Con 2019 revealed that Jeri Ryan will reprise her role as Seven of Nine fromStar Trek: Voyager in the new series. It turns out she may not be the only Voyager alum to appear in the new CBS All Access series. During an appearance at London Film & Comic Con, Robert Picardo revealed that he’s in early discussions with CBS to appear in the next Star Trek series.
“I am pleased that they (CBS) have expressed interest in me,” Picardo told TrekkieGirls at the event. “They have reached out to my agent about next season. So I’m looking forward to seeing what it is. As you know I play two characters, primarily the Doctor but also Lewis Zimmerman. Lewis Zimmerman, the engineer who created the Doctor’s program, certainly would have aged. He’s in the same timeline as Patrick Stewart and all the [Star Trek: The Next Generation] folk. The Doctor, of course, like Data doesn’t age, but there are ways to address that, as we all know. I joked the other day that my daughter does visual effects, that’s exactly what she does is digitally correct actors so I said, ‘If they hire the two of us, she could make me look 25 years younger. Anyway, it will interesting to see when something happens, if something but, but I might have a chance to be onscreen with Jeri again. It would be an honor and a delight, obviously, to have scenes with Patrick Stewart so, you know, we’ll keep our fingers crossed.”
That suggests a Voyager reunion could be in the works, though we don’t know if Ryan will be back for Picard's second season. It also confirms that the wheels are already in motion for the second season of Picard. The producers previously confirmed that the series was planned for multiple seasons.
Picardo played the Doctor through seven seasons of Star Trek: Voyager. He also had a cameo as the Doctor’s counterpart on the Enterprise in Star Trek: First Contact. Time will tell if the plans for him to return again in Star Trek: Picard come together.0comments
Would you like to see Robert Picardo in the second season of Star Trek: Picard? Let us know how you feel about it in the comments section. Star Trek: Picard will premiere on CBS All Access in early 2020.
(h/t Trek Movie)
Have you subscribed to ComicBook Nation, the official Podcast of ComicBook.com yet? Check it out by clicking here or listen below.
The crew is recovering from Comic-Con and we're digging through all the week's news headed into the weekend. The trailer for Will Smith's Gemini Man, a new era of X-Men, our expectations for Zombieland Double Tap, as well as what's new for the Halloween franchise - we're diving deep in this episode of #ComicBookNation! Make sure to subscribe now to never miss an episode!
More on this: 559 stories
- We Need Tig Notaro's Jett Reno as a Star Trek: Discovery Regular
- Star Trek Producer Comments on Possiblity of a Discovery Movie
- Star Trek: Discovery Producer Addresses The Possibility Of A Movie
- Star Wars and Star Trek: Why are there no seatbelts on spaceships? AMAZING official reason
- 'Star Trek: Short Treks' Review: Did Spock Just Laugh in 'Q&A'?
- Top 10 Vulcans In Star Trek, Ranked
- What Christopher Lloyd Has Done Since Back To The Future
- Star Trek: Discovery Is Bringing Back Deep Space Nine's Alien Races
- Star Trek's Nickelodeon Animated Series Will Tell Serialized Stories
- John Cho Injured on Cowboy Bebop Set, Production Halted
- 10 Worst Outfits In Star Trek, Ranked
- Star Trek: 5 Scientifically Accurate Details (& 5 That Make No Sense)
- 'Jojo Rabbit' Composer Michael Giacchino on Setting the Right Tone
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Collateral Damage Book Review
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Producer Sets Crime Drama at CBS
- Every Arrow Easter egg and callback in the season 8 premiere
- Nasa unveils new spacesuit for next Moon landing
- Galaxy Quest Documentary Headed to Theaters, Trailer Released
- Star Trek: Picard Can Be Nostalgic (Because Of Discovery)
- Star Trek: Discovery coming to E4 in the UK
- 5 Things In Star Trek TNG That Make No Sense (And 5 Fan Theories That Do)
- Nasa unveils spacesuits to be worn by first woman on the moon
- Star Trek: 10 Crazy Captain Kirk Theories That Have Actually Been Confirmed
- 'Why Women Kill' Renewed for Season 2 at CBS All Access
- NASA: New spacesuits for Artemis moon landing program unveiled today have high-tech features, greater mobility