William Shatner willing to return for Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek
Icon William Shatner has confirmed that if Quentin Tarantino wants him for his Star Trek project, all the director needs to do is ask.
Quentin Tarantino‘s latest film project, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, has arrived in theaters and critics and fans have agreed that the film is a entertaining romp in the classic Tarantino style. However, it seems that every time the director discusses the film, the conversation turns to his long-gestating Star Trek project.
While Tarantino has not confirmed nor denied whether he will direct the film or if it will be his last movie before he retires, one thing that has become crystal clear is director’s admiration for Captain Kirk.
Tarantino has said on multiple occasions that it was Kirk and particularly William Shatner’s portrayal that turned him into a Star Trek fan. He has gone so far as to say that the reason he isn’t a Star Wars fans is because William Shatner isn’t in Star Wars.
High praise indeed.
This has led some to think that despite not being clear what time period or even what timeline the film will be set in that William Shatner will be involved, despite the character being dead and all.
And for his part, Shatner seems more than willing to don his Starfleet uniform once again if Tarantino asks.
While speaking to Reuters the subject of Tarantino and his love for James Kirk was brought to Shatner’s attention. The actor said he would be more than willing to appear in the film and that the admiration goes both ways.
It sounds like the only thing that may stop the 88-year-old actor from being in the film would be if he could physically play the role of Kirk again.
As every Trekker knows, Jim Kirk was unceremoniously killed in Star Trek: Generations. However, death never seemed that big of an obstacle to a character returning to the Star Trek franchise. Just ask Brent Spiner.
Keep it here on Redshirts Always Die for more news and information about Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek film as they develop.
More on this: 20 stories
- Devil's Revenge Trailer: William Shatner & Jeri Ryan Open a Portal to Hell
- Devil's Revenge Trailer Sends Star Trek's William Shatner, Jeri Ryan to Hell
- Devil's Revenge Trailer: William Shatner Shoots Demons With A Shotgun
- Tarantino vs. 'Star Trek': The female collaborators we want to see
- William Shatner Envisions Captain Kirk Running Wild in Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- Karl Urban: Studio would be “insane” not to make Tarantino's Star Trek
- Karl Urban Says A Quentin Tarantino 'Star Trek' Film Would Be "Phenomenal"
- William Shatner Wants To Run Wild In Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie
- Studio Would Have To Be Insane Not To Make Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek According To Karl Urban
- Why Quentin Tarantino Should Not Direct the Next Star Trek
- Tarantino vs. Star Trek: Everything you need to know
- William Shatner Wants to Reprise Captain Kirk for Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants to Be Captain Kirk in Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner wants to be in a Quentin Tarantino Star Trek film
- Star Trek: William Shatner Wants to Be a Part of the Quentin Tarantino Movie
- Star Trek: William Shatner Would Return For Quentin Tarantino's Film
- William Shatner Says He Wants To Be In Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner keen to reprise Star Trek role
- Will Quentin Tarantino really make Star Trek his final frontier?
- Tarantino's Star Trek Script is Set in the 'Chris Pine Timeline'