Star Trek: Discovery star says he would "love" to see a Captain Pike/Spock spin-off
Star Trek: Discovery star Anson Mount has discussed the possibility of a spin-off featuring Captain Pike, Spock, and Number One.
Mount portrayed Pike for the second season of Discovery and will return for three USS Enterprise-themed Star Trek: Short Treks episodes alongside Ethan Peck (Spock) and Rebecca Romijn (Number One).
Asked about whether he would like to see a full USS Enterprise series happen, the star described the idea as "wonderful", should those in charge of the franchise want to go in that direction.
"Obviously it's something I would love to do," he said at a Star Trek Las Vegas convention panel (via TrekMovie.com). "It was never on my bucket list because I never thought it is something that could be on my bucket list.
"It would be wonderful. I love the franchise. I love these people."
Mount added: "There are a lot of things going on at that network right now and within the franchise. And these decisions have to deal with many, many things that float above my pay grade or even outside my realm of knowledge."
Discovery's third season began shooting in Iceland in early July without Mount, although a return date has yet to be confirmed – and may be a while off.
More on this: 12 stories
- Star Trek: Discovery's Anson Mount is up for Pike/Spock spin-off
- Mount And Peck: Short Treks And More
- STLV 2019: Anson Mount would “love” to do a Captain Pike series
- Star Trek is officially bringing back Captain Pike and Spock
- Star Trek: Discovery boss teases a return for Spock and more key characters
- Star Trek Producer Still Thinking About How to Bring Back Pike, Spock, and Number One
- Star Trek: Discovery's Spock, Ethan Peck, Cast in Penny Dreadful Spinoff
- Star Trek: Spock and Number One to Return in Short Treks
- Star Trek's Ethan Peck And Rebecca Romijn To Return In New Short Trek
- Short Treks episode starring Ethan Peck And Rebecca Romijn on the way
- According to Alex Kurtzman, Pike and the Enterprise could return
- Star Trek: Discovery Showrunner Thinking About the Enterprise's Return