Karl Urban: Studio would be “insane” not to make Tarantino’s Star Trek
In a new interview, Karl Urban discusses how he thinks it would be “insane” if Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek project didn’t get made.
Then during those few weeks, things died down as the focus shifted to news about Star Trek: Picard, the third season of Star Trek: Discovery and the huge number of other Trek projects currently on the drawing board at CBS.
But with both conventions now over, it appears that the circle is now complete and news about what fans may see in a Tarantino Star Trek film has returned to the forefront.
The latest bit of information comes from Karl Urban, who portrayed Dr. Leonard “Bones” McCoy in the three Kelvin Universe Star Trek movies. The actor is currently making the rounds promoting his new streaming series The Boys and of course, questions about Tarantino and Star Trek are inevitably going to come up.
While speaking to the Huffington Post Urban explained just how much he knows about plot of the movie, which he previously described as “bananas.”
However, while he may not know any particulars about the script, that didn’t stop him from making his opinion known about what he thinks Paramount Studios should do.
Urban also made it very clear he would jump at the chance to appear in the film.
At this point very little is known about Tarantino’s Star Trek. Who might appear in it or even where in the Trek Timeline it would take place are all still mysteries. However, that hasn’t stopped just about everyone who has appeared in a Star Trek television series or movie from saying they would love to appear in the film.
A Tarantino Star Trek movie has a real chance to be something very special. Here’s hoping Paramount doesn’t do something stupid and screw it up. And keep it here on Redshirts Always Die for more information about the project as it becomes available.
More on this: 34 stories
- Star Trek: The Original Series: The Antares Maelstrom Book Review
- Karl Urban Wants Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie to Happen
- Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Elicits Strong Thoughts from Karl Urban
- Karl Urban Says Paramount's Insane If They Don't Make Tarantino's Star Trek
- Tarantino vs. Star Trek: Everything you need to know
- William Shatner willing to return for Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants to Reprise Captain Kirk for Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner wants to be in a Quentin Tarantino Star Trek film
- Tarantino's Star Trek Script is Set in the 'Chris Pine Timeline'
- Quentin Tarantino says his R-rated Star Trek movie is "Pulp Fiction in space", could be his final film
- Quentin Tarantino Likes Star Trek More Than Star Wars Because William Shatner's in It
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Would Be Pulp Fiction in Space
- Quentin Tarantino Says His Star Trek Movie Will Be Pulp Fiction In Space
- Star Trek May Be Tarantino's Last Movie If He Says Yes to Directing
- Star Trek Could Be Quentin Tarantino's Last Movie
- 'Star Trek' Will Be Quentin Tarantino's Last Film If He Commits To It
- Quentin Tarantino wants to retire from directing movies
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood May Be Tarantino's Final Movie as a Director
- Quentin Tarantino Reiterates Plans to Retire After 10 Movies
- William Shatner Defends Quentin Tarantino's R-Rated Star Trek Movie
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make an R-rated Star Trek movie
- Quentin Tarantino: His Star Trek film should not be canon
- Star Trek: Tarantino Confirms R-Rating For His Movie
- Quentin Tarantino confirms his Star Trek will be R-rated
- Quentin Tarantino Confirms R-Rating for Star Trek