William Shatner Wants To Run Wild In Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek Movie
The Star Trek franchise may be flourishing on the small screen thanks to Discovery and the highly-anticipated upcoming debut of Picard, but the future of the long-running series on the big screen isn’t quite so clear. The third entry in the rebooted timeline, Justin Lin’s Star Trek Beyond, failed to crack $350m at the global box office despite solid reviews, and ever since then development on a fourth installment has faltered.
At one point Chris Hemsworth was set to reprise his role as George Kirk before both he and Chris Pine reportedly both walked away from the project to leave the future of the potential Star Trek 4 in a state of disarray, before the production was shelved indefinitely in January. However, this wasn’t the only Star Trek movie on the cards, and the questions about Quentin Tarantino’s involvement in the franchise have recently intensified with the filmmaker out doing the press rounds for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
Tarantino recently admitted that he is a huge fan of William Shatner’s performance as Captain Kirk on the original series, which instantly sparked rumors that Shatner would end up being involved in some way. The actor responded the speculation in a recent interview, and it sounds as though he doesn’t sound interested in returning to the franchise just for the sake of a nostalgic cameo:
Shatner was unaware the project is currently scheduled to be R-rated, and described how series creator Gene Rodenberry would react to the news, as well as imagining what Tarantino’s interpretation of Captain Kirk would look like:
William Shatner playing an older Captain Kirk in a Star Trek movie from Quentin Tarantino sounds absolutely insane, which is probably exactly why it would work. Tarantino always gets great performances out of his actors, and the idea of Shatner lending his distinctive delivery to a script written by the two time Academy Award-winning writer behind Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill sounds like too good of an opportunity to pass up.
Source: Trek Movie
More on this: 36 stories
- Star Trek: Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie Want in on Quentin Tarantino's Movie
- William Shatner Envisions Captain Kirk Running Wild in Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- Studio Would Have To Be Insane Not To Make Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek According To Karl Urban
- Tarantino vs. Star Trek: Everything you need to know
- William Shatner willing to return for Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants to Reprise Captain Kirk for Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants to Be Captain Kirk in Tarantino's Star Trek
- Star Trek: William Shatner Wants to Be a Part of the Quentin Tarantino Movie
- Star Trek: William Shatner Would Return For Quentin Tarantino's Film
- William Shatner Says He Wants To Be In Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- Will Quentin Tarantino really make Star Trek his final frontier?
- Tarantino Doesn't Even Understand How Star Trek Timeline Works
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek set in the Chris Pine timeline
- Quentin Tarantino Can't Make Sense of the Star Trek Movies Continuity
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek potentially set in Prime Timeline
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Is Set In the Chris Pine Timeline
- Tarantino's Star Trek Script is Set in the 'Chris Pine Timeline'
- Quentin Tarantino Confirms His Star Trek Movie's Set In The Kelvin Timeline
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Film Will Be Pulp Fiction, But in Space
- Quentin Tarantino Likes Star Trek More Than Star Wars Because William Shatner's in It
- Quentin Tarantino Says His STAR TREK Will Be “PULP FICTION In Space”
- Tarantino's Star Trek Will Be Pulp Fiction in Space with a Gangster Element
- Star Trek Could Be Quentin Tarantino's Last Movie
- Star Trek's William Shatner Teases New Show on History Channel
- William Shatner Doesn't Get the Fuss Over Tarantino's R-Rated Star Trek