Avery Brooks is “very happy” with What We Left Behind
Despite not appearing in What We Left Behind, Avery Brooks has nonetheless seen the Deep Space Nine documentary and was very pleased.
By now most members of Trek Nation have in their hands a copy of What We Left Behind, the documentary about the beloved series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The crowdfunded film was a massive success when it was shown in theaters for a one-night showing and now copies of the film on Blu-ray have been showing up in the hands of fans across the country.
The Blu-ray, which includes 47 minutes of new footage as well as new special features, was released August 6 and went on sale early to the lucky attendees of Star Trek Las Vegas, where What We Left Behind held one of the more popular panels of the convention.
The panel featured producers David Zappone and Kai de Mello-Folsom as well as editor Joseph Kornbrodt. The trio discussed with fans the making of the documentary as well as showing some clips of the new footage found on the Blu-ray.
In addition, Zappone talked about Avery Brooks, who played Benjamin Sisko on Deep Space Nine, and the close bond the two have formed over the years. As reported by Trek Movie, he explained why Brooks decided to pass on appearing in the film and that regardless, he was still very involved with the production.
More from Redshirts Always Die
As for if Brooks has actually watched the finished film, not only had he watched it, but was planning to do so again.
With What We Left Behind now finished and the Blu-rays on sale, you would think that would be the end of a very long journey. But according to de Mello-Folsom there is actually a lot more that still has yet to be released.
Could this mean a What We Left Behind Deluxe Edition? Or maybe What We Left Behind II? Or maybe an expanded edition on CBS All Access? It sure sounds like it could be a possibility.
If anything, thanks to the film Deep Space Nine is more popular than ever. Of course, those of us who were already fans knew how amazing the show was from the first episode. It’s nice the rest of Trek Nation is finally catching up.
More on this: 11 stories
- Star Trek Documentary Goes Behind the Scenes of Deep Space Nine
- What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Deep Space Nine Review: An Amazing Documentary
- 'Deep Space Nine' Doc 'What We Left Behind' Slated For Digital Release
- Prime Day: Massive Star Trek Blu-ray Box Set Sale Includes The Complete TNG Series
- What We Left Behind coming to SDCC 2019 with new footage
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Documentary Headed to SDCC With New Footage
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Doc Is Hitting Blu-Ray In August
- Details for What We Left Behind Blu-ray/DVD release
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Documentary Blu-ray, DVD Release Details Revealed
- DS9 Documentary Blu-Ray/DVD Release Date And Details
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Doc Coming To DVD And Blu-Ray