Star Trek: Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie Want in on Quentin Tarantino's Movie
With Once Upon a time… in Hollywood having been released, director Quentin Tarantino is free to look towards his next project, which may be a Star Trek movie. Two of the stars of may want to embark on that mission with him.Once Upon a Time
JOE.ie asked Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie if they’d like to sign up for Starfleet under Tarantino’s direction. They answered with enthusiasm. "Hells yeah!" Pitt said. Robbie replied, "I would do anything, anything that Tarantino is doing." They then joked about a stipulation where they can't share scenes, referring to how Once Upon a Time is there the second movie, after The Big Short, that they’re both in but don’t appear together on screen.
Tarantino spoke a bit about Star Trek while on the press tour for Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood. “Well, it’s an idea then we got together and talked it out and then we hired Mark Smith, who did Revenant to write the script,” Tarantino explained during an episode of the Happy Sad Confused podcast. “I don’t know how much I can say. The one thing I can say is it would deal with the Chris Pine timeline. Now, I still don’t quite understand, and JJ [Abrams] can’t explain it to me, and my editor has tried to explain it to me and I still don’t get it...about something happened in the first movie that now kind of wiped the slate clean. I don’t buy that. I don’t like it. I don’t appreciate it. I don’t — f*** that...I want the whole series to have happened, it just hasn’t happened yet. No, Benedict Cumberbatch or whatever his name is is not Khan, alright? Khan is Khan. And I told JJ, like, ‘I don’t understand this. I don’t like it.’ And then he was like, ‘Ignore it! Nobody likes it. I don’t understand it. Just do whatever you want. If you want it to happen the exact way it happens on the series it can.’0comments
“The reason I was actually intrigued by the JJ Abrams version of it is because I thought Chris Pine did a fantastic job not just playing Capt. Kirk but playing William Shatner’s captain — he is William Shatner,” Tarantino continued. “He’s not just another guy, he’s William Shatner’s Capt. Kirk. And it’s literally, Zachary Quinto is literally Leonard Nimoy’s — because they both have the same scene together — he’s his Spock. They f******* nail it. They just nail it.”
Would you like to see Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie in Star Trek? Let us know in the comments.
Have you subscribed to ComicBook Nation, the official Podcast of ComicBook.com yet? Check it out by clicking here or listen below.
The crew is back with Episode 55 and there's a lot to cover headed into the weekend. We're breaking down the Disney+ subscription offer, a Home Alone Reboot, and Planet of the Apes projects on the horizon. We're also previewing WWE's 2019 Summer Slam event - all in today's episode of #ComicBookNation! Make sure to subscribe now to never miss an episode!
More on this: 36 stories
- William Shatner Envisions Captain Kirk Running Wild in Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants To Run Wild In Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie
- Studio Would Have To Be Insane Not To Make Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek According To Karl Urban
- Tarantino vs. Star Trek: Everything you need to know
- William Shatner willing to return for Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants to Reprise Captain Kirk for Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants to Be Captain Kirk in Tarantino's Star Trek
- Star Trek: William Shatner Wants to Be a Part of the Quentin Tarantino Movie
- Star Trek: William Shatner Would Return For Quentin Tarantino's Film
- William Shatner Says He Wants To Be In Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- Will Quentin Tarantino really make Star Trek his final frontier?
- Tarantino Doesn't Even Understand How Star Trek Timeline Works
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek set in the Chris Pine timeline
- Quentin Tarantino Can't Make Sense of the Star Trek Movies Continuity
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek potentially set in Prime Timeline
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Is Set In the Chris Pine Timeline
- Tarantino's Star Trek Script is Set in the 'Chris Pine Timeline'
- Quentin Tarantino Confirms His Star Trek Movie's Set In The Kelvin Timeline
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Film Will Be Pulp Fiction, But in Space
- Quentin Tarantino Likes Star Trek More Than Star Wars Because William Shatner's in It
- Quentin Tarantino Says His STAR TREK Will Be “PULP FICTION In Space”
- Tarantino's Star Trek Will Be Pulp Fiction in Space with a Gangster Element
- Star Trek Could Be Quentin Tarantino's Last Movie
- Star Trek's William Shatner Teases New Show on History Channel
- William Shatner Doesn't Get the Fuss Over Tarantino's R-Rated Star Trek