Star Trek: Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie Want in on Quentin Tarantino's Movie
With Once Upon a time… in Hollywood having been released, director Quentin Tarantino is free to look towards his next project, which may be a Star Trek movie. Two of the stars of may want to embark on that mission with him.Once Upon a Time
JOE.ie asked Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie if they’d like to sign up for Starfleet under Tarantino’s direction. They answered with enthusiasm. "Hells yeah!" Pitt said. Robbie replied, "I would do anything, anything that Tarantino is doing." They then joked about a stipulation where they can't share scenes, referring to how Once Upon a Time is there the second movie, after The Big Short, that they’re both in but don’t appear together on screen.
Tarantino spoke a bit about Star Trek while on the press tour for Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood. “Well, it’s an idea then we got together and talked it out and then we hired Mark Smith, who did Revenant to write the script,” Tarantino explained during an episode of the Happy Sad Confused podcast. “I don’t know how much I can say. The one thing I can say is it would deal with the Chris Pine timeline. Now, I still don’t quite understand, and JJ [Abrams] can’t explain it to me, and my editor has tried to explain it to me and I still don’t get it...about something happened in the first movie that now kind of wiped the slate clean. I don’t buy that. I don’t like it. I don’t appreciate it. I don’t — f*** that...I want the whole series to have happened, it just hasn’t happened yet. No, Benedict Cumberbatch or whatever his name is is not Khan, alright? Khan is Khan. And I told JJ, like, ‘I don’t understand this. I don’t like it.’ And then he was like, ‘Ignore it! Nobody likes it. I don’t understand it. Just do whatever you want. If you want it to happen the exact way it happens on the series it can.’0comments
“The reason I was actually intrigued by the JJ Abrams version of it is because I thought Chris Pine did a fantastic job not just playing Capt. Kirk but playing William Shatner’s captain — he is William Shatner,” Tarantino continued. “He’s not just another guy, he’s William Shatner’s Capt. Kirk. And it’s literally, Zachary Quinto is literally Leonard Nimoy’s — because they both have the same scene together — he’s his Spock. They f******* nail it. They just nail it.”
Would you like to see Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie in Star Trek? Let us know in the comments.
Have you subscribed to ComicBook Nation, the official Podcast of ComicBook.com yet? Check it out by clicking here or listen below.
The crew is back with Episode 55 and there's a lot to cover headed into the weekend. We're breaking down the Disney+ subscription offer, a Home Alone Reboot, and Planet of the Apes projects on the horizon. We're also previewing WWE's 2019 Summer Slam event - all in today's episode of #ComicBookNation! Make sure to subscribe now to never miss an episode!
More on this: 561 stories
- Jared Harris, Lee Pace Lead Foundation, Apple's Asimov Series Adaptation
- Jared Harris, Lee Pace to Star on David S. Goyer's 'Foundation' Adaptation at Apple TV+
- Astronaut Wearing Star Trek Uniform, Quoting Janeway in Space Goes Viral
- 10 Best Outfits In Star Trek, Ranked
- Sandbox VR Raises Another $11 Million From a Group of Famous Backers
- Star Trek's First Post-Credits Scene Released Online
- How space affects women and men differently
- Paramount's Thinking Of Doing A Star Trek: Picard Movie
- We Need Tig Notaro's Jett Reno as a Star Trek: Discovery Regular
- Star Trek Producer Comments on Possiblity of a Discovery Movie
- Star Trek: Discovery Producer Addresses The Possibility Of A Movie
- Star Wars and Star Trek: Why are there no seatbelts on spaceships? AMAZING official reason
- 'Star Trek: Short Treks' Review: Did Spock Just Laugh in 'Q&A'?
- Top 10 Vulcans In Star Trek, Ranked
- What Christopher Lloyd Has Done Since Back To The Future
- Star Trek: Discovery Is Bringing Back Deep Space Nine's Alien Races
- Star Trek's Nickelodeon Animated Series Will Tell Serialized Stories
- John Cho Injured on Cowboy Bebop Set, Production Halted
- 10 Worst Outfits In Star Trek, Ranked
- Star Trek: 5 Scientifically Accurate Details (& 5 That Make No Sense)
- 'Jojo Rabbit' Composer Michael Giacchino on Setting the Right Tone
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Collateral Damage Book Review
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Producer Sets Crime Drama at CBS
- Every Arrow Easter egg and callback in the season 8 premiere
- Nasa unveils new spacesuit for next Moon landing