Trying To Make Space Livable In “Spacebase Startopia” At PAX West 2019
While we were at PAX West 2019, Kalypso Media had a few new games to show us, and one of those was a cool little simulator called Spacebase Startopia. Developed by Realmforge Studios, this game has you in control of a space station in the middle of the galaxy where ships come to dock and do their business. In order to keep the station up and running, you need a crew. And that crew has jobs in areas that need equipment, which they will need to manage. And while they manage it, a station needs activities and entertainment and resources and so much more. So in order to meet all these needs, you’ll be creating a city in the stars to facilitate everything and everyone coming in, as well as maintaining the station with your crew and resources.
When I was watching it play out, it felt like I was watching a Sim City version of Deep Space Nine. Making sure everyone was taken care of in every way possible while expanding the station to incorporate many people and things to do. On the surface it looks playful, btu there’s a lot going on in this game that will make sci-fi fans happy, keep sim players occupied, and give both a number of opportunities to make the station they want. Right now, Spacebase Startopia isn’t set to be released until Q3 2020. Here’s hoping they bump that timeline up.
About Gavin Sheehan
Gavin has been a lifelong geek who can chat with you about comics, television, video games, and even pro wrestling. He can also teach you how to play Star Trek chess, be your Mercy on Overwatch, recommend random cool music, and goes rogue in D&D. He also enjoys standup comedy, Let's Play videos and trying new games, along with hundreds of other geeky things that can't be covered in a single paragraph. Follow @TheGavinSheehan on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Vero, for random pictures and musings.
More on this: 812 stories
- New Creepshow Trailer Previews The Twelve Tales of Terror
- "Creepshow" Offers Look at Things "That Will Drive You Insane" [Trailer]
- Star Trek: 10 Things You Never Knew About The Main Characters of Enterprise
- Academy Adds 7 Members to SciTech Council
- Eaglemoss Hero Collector debuts its first ever Star Trek variant cover for NYCC
- Star Trek's Robert Picardo attending this weekend's convention at Centre 200
- Star Trek: 10 Crazy Borg Fan Theories That Were Actually Confirmed
- Star Trek: Year Five #6 Variant Cover At NYCC
- Sirtis: A Fun Reunion With Some Next Generation Actors
- Star Trek: Picard Season 2 May Begin Filming in March
- Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Could Film In March Of Next Year
- Picard star Patrick Stewart thinks Star Trek fans will be "surprised" by series
- Star Trek: Patrick Stewart Thinks Fans May Be Shocked By Picard
- Hero Collector Brings U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 to IDW's Star Trek Year Five Variant For NYCC
- Star Trek TNG: 10 Behind-The-Scenes Secrets You Never Knew About The Makeup
- Star Trek: Picard Can Unite The Divided Fandom
- Lord of The Rings TV series: What we know so far
- Canadian stars Virtue, Moir say in video they're "stepping away" from ice dancing
- Virtue, Moir say in video they're "stepping away" from ice dancing
- Patrick Stewart Says Fans May Be Shocked By Star Trek: Picard
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Actor Anthony Rapp Talks Diversity, Science and New Role in 'Star Trek Online'
- 'SEAL Team' Showrunner Steps Down After CBS Investigation (Exclusive)
- Star Trek is aiming for a younger and more relevant revamp
- Star Trek: Discovery: Dead Endless Coming in December
- Star Trek TNG: 10 Questions About Data, Answered