Devil's Revenge Trailer Sends Star Trek's William Shatner, Jeri Ryan to Hell
Star Trek veterans team up to battle demons in the trailer for direct-to-video horror film Devil’s Revenge. The film’s cast includes William Shatner (Captain James T. Kirk in Star Trek: The Original Series and the six films featuring its cast) and Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine in Star Trek: Voyager and the upcoming Star Trek: Picard). The film is written by Maurice Hurley, head writer/producer of the first two seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation. The film’s cast also includes Jason Brooks, Ciara Hanna, Jackie Dallas, and Annmarie Giaquinto. The film is directed by Jared Cohn (Atlantic Rim, Born Bad).
The synopsis for Devil’s Revenge reads, “A down-on-his-luck archaeologist returns from a cave expedition that contains a cursed relic that’s also a portal to Hell. He discovers that the only way to stop the curse on his family is to go back to the cave and destroy the relic.”
“That word, ‘resurrect.’ That’s a key word,” he said. “You’d have to resurrect me, Shatner, in order to do the daily -- I don't know what Patrick [Stewart] is doing doing that. Doing a series is debilitating for a young guy, for a 25-year-old, which I was doing when I was 25 years old. It’s a physical wrecker, it’s a mental wrecker, and it’s a homewrecker ‘cause you’re working 14, 18 hours a day. And in the last series I did, Boston Legal, I had, in rush hour, a two-hour commute. So add that. So no, I would not be interested in doing a series, per se.”
In a separate interview, Shatner did express interest in being a part of Quentin Tarantino's planned Star Trek film. “Quentin Tarantino said something in the paper that somebody said to me, that he loved me,” Shatner said. “And Quentin, I love you. If you're going to do Star Trek 50 years later, a few pounds heavier, come on. Not a problem! Well, I'd like to do it. Whether I'd be up for it, I don't know.”0comments
Jeri Ryan is returning as Seven of Nine in Star Trek: Picard. Her presence is one way that the new CBS All Access series brings plots from three previous Star Trek series together.
More on this: 346 stories
- [REVIEW] STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS "Ask Not": A Prelude to a New Star Trek Series?
- Meaney To Receive Award This Week
- Discovery's Captain Pike Returns in Star Trek: Short Treks Trailer
- Star Trek Episodes You Should Watch Before Picard
- Was Mister Spock Based Visually on Namor the Sub-Mariner?
- Star Trek: Discovery's Anthony Rapp is Engaged
- An "Embarrassed" Patrick Stewart Makes Anti-Brexit Speech During Con Appearance: "It Is a Disgrace"
- Star Trek Series Leaving Netflix in December
- Star Trek: Short Treks "Ask Not" Trailer Released
- Star Trek Lives Long and Prosper with New Statue from DarkSide
- Why Captain Pike deserves his own 'Star Trek' spinoff
- 5 Things In Star Trek DS9 That Make No Sense (& 5 Fan Theories That Do)
- Leonard Nimoy As Captain Spock 1/3 Scale Museum Statue
- 'Star Trek: The Experience' brought otherworldly fun to Las Vegas
- "Star Trek: Short Treks" Season 2 "Ask Not"- Capt. Pike Returns [Trailer]
- 5 Things In Star Trek: Voyager That Make No Sense (& 5 Fan Theories That Do)
- Watch Captain Pike return in new Star Trek: Short Treks trailer
- Tig Notaro Reveals Why She's Proud to Be a Part of Star Trek: Discovery
- 'Star Trek,' Space Travel and Teleportation with Tig Notaro
- All the essential 'The Next Generation' episodes before 'Star Trek: Picard'
- Star Trek Mystery: Who Is the Obsidian Tholian?
- George Takei thinks gay character in Star Trek is 'a bridge too far'
- Star Trek: Ethan Peck Explains How Discovery Added New Depth to Spock
- Star Trek: Discovery's Anthony Rapp Teases "Wonderful" Season 3 Character Arc
- George Takei Reveals Why Star Trek Didn't Have Any Gay Characters