Patrick Stewart Says Fans May Be Shocked By Star Trek: Picard
Sir Patrick Stewart is set to return to the Trek universe for the first time in nearly 20 years in the upcoming Star Trek: Picard. However, don’t expect this to be a cosy return to the feel of The Next Generation. In a new interview, the franchise veteran says it was paramount for him that his long-awaited reprisal of Jean-Luc Picard move the story forward and go boldly into fresh territory.
Speaking with Examiner Live, Stewart touched on the “difficult decision” of signing up for Picard and what convinced him to make it, saying:
He continued by teasing how Picard will feel like a very contemporary show as it will deal with themes and issues that are to do with the world today. The star also predicts that fans may well be shocked by what’s in store.
A brand new world it may be, but Picard will find places for several old faces from Trek history nonetheless. From the former Enterprise-D crew, Data (Brent Spiner), Riker (Jonathan Frakes) and Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis) will all return. Another fan favorite from a different series is showing up, too, as Voyager’s Seven of Nine (Jeri Ryan) looks to have a prominent role. That may because the Borg will be a major force in the plot.
As for the fresh cast members, the likes of Santiago Cabrera, Harry Treadaway, Michelle Hurd and Allison Pill will hopefully become new fan favorites whenStar Trek: Picard arrives on CBS All Access in early 2020.
Source: Examiner Live
More on this: 559 stories
- We Need Tig Notaro's Jett Reno as a Star Trek: Discovery Regular
- Star Trek Producer Comments on Possiblity of a Discovery Movie
- Star Trek: Discovery Producer Addresses The Possibility Of A Movie
- Star Wars and Star Trek: Why are there no seatbelts on spaceships? AMAZING official reason
- 'Star Trek: Short Treks' Review: Did Spock Just Laugh in 'Q&A'?
- Top 10 Vulcans In Star Trek, Ranked
- What Christopher Lloyd Has Done Since Back To The Future
- Star Trek: Discovery Is Bringing Back Deep Space Nine's Alien Races
- Star Trek's Nickelodeon Animated Series Will Tell Serialized Stories
- John Cho Injured on Cowboy Bebop Set, Production Halted
- 10 Worst Outfits In Star Trek, Ranked
- Star Trek: 5 Scientifically Accurate Details (& 5 That Make No Sense)
- 'Jojo Rabbit' Composer Michael Giacchino on Setting the Right Tone
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Collateral Damage Book Review
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Producer Sets Crime Drama at CBS
- Every Arrow Easter egg and callback in the season 8 premiere
- Nasa unveils new spacesuit for next Moon landing
- Galaxy Quest Documentary Headed to Theaters, Trailer Released
- Star Trek: Picard Can Be Nostalgic (Because Of Discovery)
- Star Trek: Discovery coming to E4 in the UK
- 5 Things In Star Trek TNG That Make No Sense (And 5 Fan Theories That Do)
- Nasa unveils spacesuits to be worn by first woman on the moon
- Star Trek: 10 Crazy Captain Kirk Theories That Have Actually Been Confirmed
- 'Why Women Kill' Renewed for Season 2 at CBS All Access
- NASA: New spacesuits for Artemis moon landing program unveiled today have high-tech features, greater mobility