Jared Harris, Lee Pace to Star on David S. Goyer’s ‘Foundation’ Adaptation at Apple TV+
Jared Harris and Lee Pace are set as the stars of Apple TV+ “Foundation” adaptation from David S. Goyer, the streaming service said on Tuesday.
Based on Isaac Asimov’s novel series of the same name, the 10-episode Apple show chronicles the epic saga of The Foundation, a band of exiles who discover that the only way to save the Galactic Empire from destruction is to defy it.
Emmy-nominated “Chernobyl” star Harris will play Hari Seldon, a mathematical genius who predicts the demise of the empire. Pace (“Halt and Catch Fire”) will star opposite him in the role of Brother Day, the current Emperor of the Galaxy.
Goyer (“The Dark Knight,” “Terminator: Dark Fate”) will serve as showrunner and executive producer for “Foundation,” with David Ellison, Dana Goldberg (“World War Z”, “Star Trek: Beyond”) and Marcy Ross (“Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan”) also executive producing. Other executive producers include Josh Friedman (“Avatar 4,” “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”), formerly Goyer’s co-showrunner on the series, and Isaac Asimov’s daughter, Robyn Asimov.
“Foundation” hails from Skydance Television.
The show is one of several in the works for Apple’s forthcoming streaming service, which launches Nov. 1. The service is priced at $4.99 per month and will be free for one year when you buy a new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac or iPod Touch. The platform will offer a seven-day free trial when it debuts.
Apple TV+ shows available at launch include Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston’s drama “The Morning Show,” Ronald D. Moore’s space-race drama “For All Mankind,” the Jason Momoa sci-fi series “See,” the Hailee Steinfeld-led Emily Dickinson comedy, “Dickinson,” Sesame Workshop’s “Helpsters,” the Peanuts cartoon “Snoopy in Space,” a “reinvention” of the ’90s children’s mystery series “Ghostwriter” and the documentary film “Elephant Queen.” Oprah Winfrey’s book club will also be featured on the platform.
More on this: 580 stories
- New Star Trek: Picard Trailer Brings Back the Enterprise-D
- The Essential Picard: Chain of Command
- How Children of Mars Sets Up Star Trek: Picard
- Patrick Stewart was initially hated for Star Trek's Jean-Luc Picard
- Star Trek: 10 Most Hilarious DS9 Memes
- Star Trek: Voyager Would Have Been Completely Different Under Captain Riker
- Marvel: 5 Alien Superheroes Who Would Fit In On The Starship Enterprise (& 5 That Wouldn't)
- Which Star Trek Movies & Episodes You Need To See To Understand Picard
- 'Star Trek: Picard' world premiere draws huge crowds and sci-fi stars
- Star Trek's Picard reveals how major TNG characters will return
- New Star Trek: Picard Promo Features Data's Return
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3: DS9's Trill Aliens Explained
- Star Trek: Picard Featurette Teases A More Complex World
- Picard's Patrick Stewart says it's "inconceivable" for him to ever give up acting
- Star Trek: How Picard Connects to Both the Prime and Kelvin Timelines
- The 10 Worst Episodes Of Star Trek: Discovery, According To IMDb
- Patrick Stewart accepted Star Trek Picard role on two conditions
- 5 Great Fan Theories About Star Trek: Picard That Make Too Much Sense (& 5 That Are Just Impossible)
- New movies on Amazon Prime January 2020: Full list of what's new this month
- Sir Patrick Stewart: My embarrassment over Star Trek incident
- Star Trek: Picard Gives Fans a Sneak Peek at the New Number One
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Reunite At Star Trek: Picard Premiere
- Star Trek has always been about challenging the notion of right or wrong
- The Journey Begins in New Star Trek: Picard Promo
- Star Trek's Jeri Ryan explains why she "panicked" when she first read the Picard script