Jared Harris, Lee Pace to Star on David S. Goyer’s ‘Foundation’ Adaptation at Apple TV+
Jared Harris and Lee Pace are set as the stars of Apple TV+ “Foundation” adaptation from David S. Goyer, the streaming service said on Tuesday.
Based on Isaac Asimov’s novel series of the same name, the 10-episode Apple show chronicles the epic saga of The Foundation, a band of exiles who discover that the only way to save the Galactic Empire from destruction is to defy it.
Emmy-nominated “Chernobyl” star Harris will play Hari Seldon, a mathematical genius who predicts the demise of the empire. Pace (“Halt and Catch Fire”) will star opposite him in the role of Brother Day, the current Emperor of the Galaxy.
Goyer (“The Dark Knight,” “Terminator: Dark Fate”) will serve as showrunner and executive producer for “Foundation,” with David Ellison, Dana Goldberg (“World War Z”, “Star Trek: Beyond”) and Marcy Ross (“Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan”) also executive producing. Other executive producers include Josh Friedman (“Avatar 4,” “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”), formerly Goyer’s co-showrunner on the series, and Isaac Asimov’s daughter, Robyn Asimov.
“Foundation” hails from Skydance Television.
The show is one of several in the works for Apple’s forthcoming streaming service, which launches Nov. 1. The service is priced at $4.99 per month and will be free for one year when you buy a new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac or iPod Touch. The platform will offer a seven-day free trial when it debuts.
Apple TV+ shows available at launch include Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston’s drama “The Morning Show,” Ronald D. Moore’s space-race drama “For All Mankind,” the Jason Momoa sci-fi series “See,” the Hailee Steinfeld-led Emily Dickinson comedy, “Dickinson,” Sesame Workshop’s “Helpsters,” the Peanuts cartoon “Snoopy in Space,” a “reinvention” of the ’90s children’s mystery series “Ghostwriter” and the documentary film “Elephant Queen.” Oprah Winfrey’s book club will also be featured on the platform.
More on this: 346 stories
- [REVIEW] STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS "Ask Not": A Prelude to a New Star Trek Series?
- Meaney To Receive Award This Week
- Discovery's Captain Pike Returns in Star Trek: Short Treks Trailer
- Star Trek Episodes You Should Watch Before Picard
- Was Mister Spock Based Visually on Namor the Sub-Mariner?
- Star Trek: Discovery's Anthony Rapp is Engaged
- An "Embarrassed" Patrick Stewart Makes Anti-Brexit Speech During Con Appearance: "It Is a Disgrace"
- Star Trek Series Leaving Netflix in December
- Star Trek: Short Treks "Ask Not" Trailer Released
- Star Trek Lives Long and Prosper with New Statue from DarkSide
- Why Captain Pike deserves his own 'Star Trek' spinoff
- 5 Things In Star Trek DS9 That Make No Sense (& 5 Fan Theories That Do)
- Leonard Nimoy As Captain Spock 1/3 Scale Museum Statue
- 'Star Trek: The Experience' brought otherworldly fun to Las Vegas
- "Star Trek: Short Treks" Season 2 "Ask Not"- Capt. Pike Returns [Trailer]
- 5 Things In Star Trek: Voyager That Make No Sense (& 5 Fan Theories That Do)
- Watch Captain Pike return in new Star Trek: Short Treks trailer
- Tig Notaro Reveals Why She's Proud to Be a Part of Star Trek: Discovery
- 'Star Trek,' Space Travel and Teleportation with Tig Notaro
- All the essential 'The Next Generation' episodes before 'Star Trek: Picard'
- Star Trek Mystery: Who Is the Obsidian Tholian?
- George Takei thinks gay character in Star Trek is 'a bridge too far'
- Star Trek: Ethan Peck Explains How Discovery Added New Depth to Spock
- Star Trek: Discovery's Anthony Rapp Teases "Wonderful" Season 3 Character Arc
- George Takei Reveals Why Star Trek Didn't Have Any Gay Characters