Star Trek: Picard Producer Warns Fans It’ll Be A Very Different Experience
Star Trek: Picard became one of my most anticipated shows the moment it was announced. It’s been way too long since we saw Patrick Stewart in the role of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, and the rubbish Star Trek: Nemesis was no way for the Next Generation crew to bow out.
Since then, I’ve been hoovering up every bit of news I can about the series, hoping that it’ll capture some of the magic that had me running home from school to find out what the crew of the Enterprise had encountered this week. But perhaps this show won’t be tickling those nostalgia vibes quite as hard as many anticipated.
Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman spoke about his feelings on the project in an interview with TrekCore and explained that he sees it as a completely different beast than any Trek show that’s come before:
This isn’t wholly unexpected. The trailers have shown a much more introspective take on the character than previously seen. Presumably, this is because Picard was strongly affected by the destruction of Romulus and feels as if, despite his many victories, he ended his career as a failure. Hopefully, the new series will offer some redemption and closure.
Kurtzman went on to say the following:
The last word went to Executive Producer Heather Kadin, who explained:
We don’t have too long to wait to find out for ourselves, as Star Trek: Picardpremieres on January 23rd on CBS All Access, and personally, I can’t wait.
More on this: 364 stories
- Discovery's Captain Pike Returns in Star Trek: Short Treks Trailer
- Star Trek Episodes You Should Watch Before Picard
- Was Mister Spock Based Visually on Namor the Sub-Mariner?
- Star Trek: Discovery's Anthony Rapp is Engaged
- An "Embarrassed" Patrick Stewart Makes Anti-Brexit Speech During Con Appearance: "It Is a Disgrace"
- Star Trek Series Leaving Netflix in December
- Star Trek: Short Treks "Ask Not" Trailer Released
- Star Trek Lives Long and Prosper with New Statue from DarkSide
- Why Captain Pike deserves his own 'Star Trek' spinoff
- 5 Things In Star Trek DS9 That Make No Sense (& 5 Fan Theories That Do)
- Leonard Nimoy As Captain Spock 1/3 Scale Museum Statue
- 'Star Trek: The Experience' brought otherworldly fun to Las Vegas
- "Star Trek: Short Treks" Season 2 "Ask Not"- Capt. Pike Returns [Trailer]
- 5 Things In Star Trek: Voyager That Make No Sense (& 5 Fan Theories That Do)
- Watch Captain Pike return in new Star Trek: Short Treks trailer
- Tig Notaro Reveals Why She's Proud to Be a Part of Star Trek: Discovery
- 'Star Trek,' Space Travel and Teleportation with Tig Notaro
- Star Trek: What Happens To Earth Religions In The Future
- All the essential 'The Next Generation' episodes before 'Star Trek: Picard'
- Star Trek Mystery: Who Is the Obsidian Tholian?
- George Takei thinks gay character in Star Trek is 'a bridge too far'
- Star Trek: Ethan Peck Explains How Discovery Added New Depth to Spock
- Star Trek: Discovery's Anthony Rapp Teases "Wonderful" Season 3 Character Arc
- George Takei Reveals Why Star Trek Didn't Have Any Gay Characters
- The Orville: Jonathan Frakes Wants To Be An Alien