Star Trek: Picard Producer Warns Fans It’ll Be A Very Different Experience
Star Trek: Picard became one of my most anticipated shows the moment it was announced. It’s been way too long since we saw Patrick Stewart in the role of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, and the rubbish Star Trek: Nemesis was no way for the Next Generation crew to bow out.
Since then, I’ve been hoovering up every bit of news I can about the series, hoping that it’ll capture some of the magic that had me running home from school to find out what the crew of the Enterprise had encountered this week. But perhaps this show won’t be tickling those nostalgia vibes quite as hard as many anticipated.
Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman spoke about his feelings on the project in an interview with TrekCore and explained that he sees it as a completely different beast than any Trek show that’s come before:
This isn’t wholly unexpected. The trailers have shown a much more introspective take on the character than previously seen. Presumably, this is because Picard was strongly affected by the destruction of Romulus and feels as if, despite his many victories, he ended his career as a failure. Hopefully, the new series will offer some redemption and closure.
Kurtzman went on to say the following:
The last word went to Executive Producer Heather Kadin, who explained:
We don’t have too long to wait to find out for ourselves, as Star Trek: Picardpremieres on January 23rd on CBS All Access, and personally, I can’t wait.
More on this: 561 stories
- Patrick Stewart accepted Star Trek Picard role on two conditions
- 5 Great Fan Theories About Star Trek: Picard That Make Too Much Sense (& 5 That Are Just Impossible)
- New movies on Amazon Prime January 2020: Full list of what's new this month
- Sir Patrick Stewart: My embarrassment over Star Trek incident
- Star Trek: Picard Gives Fans a Sneak Peek at the New Number One
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Reunite At Star Trek: Picard Premiere
- Star Trek has always been about challenging the notion of right or wrong
- The Journey Begins in New Star Trek: Picard Promo
- Star Trek's Jeri Ryan explains why she "panicked" when she first read the Picard script
- "Star Trek": No Rules... No Regulations... All "Picard" [PROMO]
- The Essential Picard: The Best of Both Worlds
- The Ready Room: Wil Wheaton Set to Host Picard Aftershow
- Star Trek Beyond's Kalara Is One Of The The Series' Most Tragic Villains
- Some New Star Trek: Picard Spoilers
- 'Star Trek: Voyager' Turns 25 Years Old Today
- Every TNG Character Missing From The New Show
- Sir Ian McKellen warned Sir Patrick Stewart Star Trek would ruin career
- How 'Star Trek: Voyager' Missed Out on Greatness
- Star Trek: Will Jason Isaacs return to Discovery? Star teases comeback
- Star Trek: Picard's Patrick Stewart confirms Data only appears in a dream
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Everything from 'ST:D' we hope *not* to see
- Sir Patrick Stewart speaks of Brexit sorrow at Star Trek launch
- Patrick Stewart brands Brexit 'the grimmest thing'
- 'Star Trek' return 'irresistible,' says Patrick Stewart at new series premiere
- Star Trek Short Treks are the newest contextual tool for CBS All Access