Patrick Stewart Teases The Full Next Generation Crew Appearing In Star Trek: Picard
Star Trek: Picardis sure to be a monumental event for fans as it’ll bring Patrick Stewart back as Jean-Luc Picard for the first time since 2002. Though this was initially kept under wraps, the trailers have revealed that the former captain’s old Enterprise-D cohorts William Riker (Jonathan Frakes), Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis) and a somehow-resurrected Data (Brent Spiner) are also returning. But could the rest of the crew feature in it, too?
According to Stewart himself, there’s a very good likelihood of that. Speaking to the crowd during his appearance at the Destination Star Trek convention this weekend, the actor was asked about working with his old friends again. After praising the experience, he decided to offer a question of his own. “Will we meet the rest of the crew? I think so, I think there’s every possibility.” Cue rapturous cheers from the audience.
We’ve previously had some conflicting information on whether the extended TNG crew would be back for Picard. Will Wheaton said he’d jump at the chance, but doubted he’d get the call. Michael Dorn, meanwhile, only wants to return if his role is a substantial one. And LeVar Burton is confident that everyone will be involved. Does he know something that we don’t? Or, er, at least something we didn’t know until Stewart gave this very telling tease?
It’s possible, but regardless of what happens, we’ve already been told to expect Picard to be a very different beast from The Next Generation, possessing its own tone and exploring contemporary themes, though it’ll also protect the legacy of the beloved series. This seems to encompass bringing the whole gang back together for a reunion, if not in season 1 then somewhere in the show’s three-year plan.
I guess we’ll find out soon enough, though, as Star Trek: Picardarrives on CBS All Access on January 23rd, 2020.
More on this: 618 stories
- Star Trek: Patrick Stewart Officially Invites Whoopi Goldberg To Join Picard Season 2
- Why 'Picard' symbolizes hope for 'Star Trek's' Patrick Stewart
- Star Trek: Picard Premiere Time and How to Watch Details Revealed
- "Star Trek: Picard": Stewart Invites Goldberg to Join Season 2 [VIDEO]
- Whoopi Goldberg to Play Guinan on 'Star Trek: Picard' Season 2
- Patrick Stewart Invites Whoopi Goldberg to Join STAR TREK: PICARD Season 2
- How Star Trek: Picard Lured Back The Next Generation Stars
- Patrick Stewart Invites Whoopi Goldberg to Star Trek: Picard Season 2
- "Star Trek: Picard" Countdown: Reconsidering “Unimatrix Zero” [OPINION]
- Picard: What You Need to Know Before the Star Trek Series Premiere
- Patrick Stewart invites Whoopi to return to 'Star Trek'
- Star Trek boss says Picard series will be "totally different" to Discovery
- Why Patrick Stewart Turned Down Key 'Star Trek' Storyline
- The Essential Picard: All Good Things...
- Patrick Stewart Invites Whoopi Goldberg To Join Star Trek: Picard Season 2
- Patrick Stewart has had "long, long conversations" with Kevin Feige about the MCU's X-Men
- 'Star Trek: Picard's' Jonathan Del Arco Sets Podcast With Jeri Ryan
- "Star Trek: Picard" to debut on CBS All Access on January 23
- Patrick Stewart has an innate gravitas, but who knew he is such a huge Beavis and Butthead fan?
- "Star Trek: Picard": Del Arco's Hugh is Late Partner's Memory & Own Life
- "Star Trek: Picard" Countdown: Reconsidering "I, Borg" & "Unification"
- Picard: How (and When) to Stream the New Star Trek Series
- Michelle Yeoh Reportedly In Talks For MCU Shang-Chi Movie
- Star Trek's Jonathan Del Arco reveals Hugh is tribute to late partner
- Patrick Stewart returns to Starfleet: 'It's inconceivable to me that I should retire'