First Look At Admiral Picard In Star Trek: Picard Revealed
Excitement is building for the January premiere of Star Trek: Picard, and we’ve already heard a lot about what to expect from the CBS All Access series. Over the weekend, the Destination Star Trek convention provided some reveals via Patrick Stewart, including new insights into the Borg and the return of some familiar characters. Another significant piece of news from the convention though was the first look at Picard’s admiral uniform, both through the prop and on the cover of IDW Publishing’s prequel comic series.
The cover image, which you can see below, shows Picard in the admiral uniform, suggesting that the three-issue prequel will fill in some of the gaps between Star Trek: Nemesis and the first episode of Star Trek: Picard. The cover was created by Sara Pitre-Durocher and was likely based off the actual uniform prop, which was on display during the UK convention. The presence of the uniform and the focus of the prequel series, seems to imply we’ll be getting at least a few flashbacks to Picard’s time as an admiral in the CBS All Access show.
The IDW series will also explore the mission that led to Picard leaving Starfleet, eventually taking up retirement in his vineyard, along with an adorable dog called Number One. From what’s come out of previews, the mission in question involves a crisis on a Romulan colony that pushes Picard into making a difficult choice. Furthermore, we’ll be getting a prequel novel, Star Trek: Picard: The Last Best Hope, to take us through to the first episode of the television series. The initial issue of the comic will be available on November 4th and the book on February 11th, 2020.
In the meantime, we’re expecting more trailers and information about characters to emerge as we get closer to Star Trek: Picard‘s January 23rd, 2020 release date. With CBS already ordering a second season, and Paramount reportedly considering a movie, the next stage in the captain’s story is certainly shaping up to be a crucial one for the Trek universe.
More on this: 666 stories
- Patrick Stewart on boldly returning for Star Trek Picard
- Picard Full of Star Trek Easter Eggs and Callbacks
- Star Trek: Picard knows Star Trek is a hard sell in 2020
- "Star Trek: Picard" to debut on CBS All Access on January 23
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Jean-Luc Picard Emulates the Growth Mindset of 'Star Trek'
- Picard: Star Trek re-enters the Next Generation with bold new series
- Star Trek: Picard's dog is more important than you might think
- How Picard Reprograms Robotics in the Star Trek Universe
- Whoopi Goldberg to Return as Guinan in Star Trek: Picard Season 2
- Why Patrick Stewart Chose to Return in Star Trek: Picard
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Why does Trek endure? TNG's Marina Sirtis and Brent Spiner explain
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1 Ending Explained
- Star Trek: Picard: What Happened to Romulus?
- Star Trek: Picard Premiere's Surprising Final Scene, Explained
- Whoopi Goldberg tears as Patrick Stewart offers Star Trek Picard 2 role
- STAR TREK: PICARD Review: An Engaging But Uneven Start
- How 'Logan' Convinced Patrick Stewart He Could Return to 'Star Trek'
- Patrick Stewart Asks Whoopi Goldberg To Rejoin 'Star Trek'
- How Picard Makes the 2009 Star Trek Reboot Relevant Again
- Data's Daughters, Dahj's Death & Synthetic Cloning Explained
- 'We are not the starched uniform-wearing crew of old': a messier, more human 'Star Trek' in 'Picard'
- Star Trek: Picard Season 1 Episode 1 Review
- Goldsman And Chabon On Data
- Star Trek: Picard 'engages' critics in first reviews