Star Trek: Captain Nog's Ship Model to be Released in Tribute to Aron Eisenberg
More ships from Star Trek Online’s 25th century are joining Hero Collector’s line of Star Trek model ships. Announced at the Destination Star Trek convention in Birmingham, UK., the Gagarin-Class Federation Battlecruiser and Chimera-Class Federation Heavy Destroyer from Star Trek Online will join the Star Trek ship line in 2020. The Chimera-Class Federation Heavy Destroyer appeared in Star Trek Online’s Victory is Life expansion, which focused on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The ship was commanded by Captain Nog, Starfleet’s first Ferengi captain. The ship will be released in tribute to actor Aron Eisenberg, who died earlier this year. Eisenberg played Nog in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. He returned to voice the character in Star Trek Online.
The Gagarin-Class Federation Battlecruiser was released by Star Trek Online’s ship designers last year to celebrate Star Trek: Discovery. The CBS All Access series marked Star Trek’s return as the first new Star Trek series since Star Trek: Enterprise ended in 2005.
Hero Collector is recreating the Gagarin-Class Federation Battlecruiser and Chimera-Class Federation Heavy Destroyer in die-cast, using high-quality ABS materials. Each model will be hand-painted by the company’s artists.
While Hero Collector’s Star Trek ship line has focused on ships from Star Trek television and films, it began taking ships from Star Trek Online earlier this year. The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-F model from Star Trek Online made its debut this past spring and is available now on the Hero Collector website. Hero Collector and Star Trek Online developer Cryptic Studios are also working together on future Star Trek Online ship model releases.
When Eisenberg died in September, some launched an online petition to see a statue of Captain Nog placed at Starfleet headquarters in the upcoming Star Trek:Picard CBSAll Accessseries. Speaking at New York Comic Con, Star Trek head producer Alex Kurtzman revealed that he is aware of that petition and that they are considering ways to pay their respects to Eisenberg. "We saw that petition and obviously we would love to honor Aaron in any way possible, so we will look for any opportunity," Kurtzman said.
Nog became a Starfleet captain in certain alternate timelines explored in episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Those alternate realities were never made the definitive future of Star Trek canon, but Captain Nog did appear in Star Trek Online, as voiced by Eisenberg.
What do you think of the Hero Collector Star Trek Online ships? Let us know in the comments.
More on this: 364 stories
- Discovery's Captain Pike Returns in Star Trek: Short Treks Trailer
- Star Trek Episodes You Should Watch Before Picard
- Was Mister Spock Based Visually on Namor the Sub-Mariner?
- Star Trek: Discovery's Anthony Rapp is Engaged
- An "Embarrassed" Patrick Stewart Makes Anti-Brexit Speech During Con Appearance: "It Is a Disgrace"
- Star Trek Series Leaving Netflix in December
- Star Trek: Short Treks "Ask Not" Trailer Released
- Star Trek Lives Long and Prosper with New Statue from DarkSide
- Why Captain Pike deserves his own 'Star Trek' spinoff
- 5 Things In Star Trek DS9 That Make No Sense (& 5 Fan Theories That Do)
- Leonard Nimoy As Captain Spock 1/3 Scale Museum Statue
- 'Star Trek: The Experience' brought otherworldly fun to Las Vegas
- "Star Trek: Short Treks" Season 2 "Ask Not"- Capt. Pike Returns [Trailer]
- 5 Things In Star Trek: Voyager That Make No Sense (& 5 Fan Theories That Do)
- Watch Captain Pike return in new Star Trek: Short Treks trailer
- Tig Notaro Reveals Why She's Proud to Be a Part of Star Trek: Discovery
- 'Star Trek,' Space Travel and Teleportation with Tig Notaro
- Star Trek: What Happens To Earth Religions In The Future
- All the essential 'The Next Generation' episodes before 'Star Trek: Picard'
- Star Trek Mystery: Who Is the Obsidian Tholian?
- George Takei thinks gay character in Star Trek is 'a bridge too far'
- Star Trek: Ethan Peck Explains How Discovery Added New Depth to Spock
- Star Trek: Discovery's Anthony Rapp Teases "Wonderful" Season 3 Character Arc
- George Takei Reveals Why Star Trek Didn't Have Any Gay Characters
- The Orville: Jonathan Frakes Wants To Be An Alien