Braga To Helm “Books of Blood” For Hulu
Veteran sci-fi TV producer Brannon Braga has set up a film adaptation of Clive Barker’s horror anthology “Books of Blood” at Hulu and plans to make it his feature directorial debut.
Anna Friel, Britt Robertson, Rafi Gavron, and Yul Vazquez will star in the film which will tell three uncanny tales tangled in space and time. Friel plays a psychologist who has gained fame as a skeptic. She loses her 7-year-old son to leukemia and then meets a charismatic young man (Gavron) who becomes her lover and convinces her that he speaks for her dead child.
Robertson plays a girl who suffers from misophonia (mania triggered by certain sounds) and sets out for Los Angeles. Vazquez plays a professional killer who’s latest ‘hit’ clues him in on a priceless book that may allow him and his wife to permanently retire.
Braga and Adam Simon (“Salem”) will co-write and the pair will executive produce along with Barker, Seth MacFarlane, Erica Huggins, Alana Kleiman, Brian Witten, Jeff Kwatinetz and Josh Barry.
Braga rose to fame as one of the key executive producers of the “Star Trek” franchise – co-running “Star Trek: Voyager” and “Star Trek: Enterprise”. Subsequently, he was behind short-lived series such as “Terra Nova,” “Threshold” and “FlashForward” and more recently was involved with “Salem,” “Cosmos” and “The Orville”.
More on this: 666 stories
- Patrick Stewart on boldly returning for Star Trek Picard
- Picard Full of Star Trek Easter Eggs and Callbacks
- Star Trek: Picard knows Star Trek is a hard sell in 2020
- "Star Trek: Picard" to debut on CBS All Access on January 23
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Jean-Luc Picard Emulates the Growth Mindset of 'Star Trek'
- Picard: Star Trek re-enters the Next Generation with bold new series
- Star Trek: Picard's dog is more important than you might think
- How Picard Reprograms Robotics in the Star Trek Universe
- Whoopi Goldberg to Return as Guinan in Star Trek: Picard Season 2
- Why Patrick Stewart Chose to Return in Star Trek: Picard
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Why does Trek endure? TNG's Marina Sirtis and Brent Spiner explain
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1 Ending Explained
- Star Trek: Picard: What Happened to Romulus?
- Star Trek: Picard Premiere's Surprising Final Scene, Explained
- Whoopi Goldberg tears as Patrick Stewart offers Star Trek Picard 2 role
- STAR TREK: PICARD Review: An Engaging But Uneven Start
- How 'Logan' Convinced Patrick Stewart He Could Return to 'Star Trek'
- Patrick Stewart Asks Whoopi Goldberg To Rejoin 'Star Trek'
- How Picard Makes the 2009 Star Trek Reboot Relevant Again
- Data's Daughters, Dahj's Death & Synthetic Cloning Explained
- 'We are not the starched uniform-wearing crew of old': a messier, more human 'Star Trek' in 'Picard'
- Star Trek: Picard Season 1 Episode 1 Review
- Goldsman And Chabon On Data
- Star Trek: Picard 'engages' critics in first reviews