Snoop Dogg Has Star Wars vs. Star Trek Mural in His Home
It seems Snoop Dogg has a thing for Star Trek. Or his interior decorator does. Snoop Dogg appeared as a guest judge on the first episode of Netflix’s Rhythm + Flow, a hip-hop music competition show. During a part of the episode, Snoop Dogg takes Cardi B on a tour of his home. As Justin Hall on Twitter noticed, One of the walls in Snoop Dogg's home has some familiar-looking Starships on it. The wall has a mural of Starfleet starships in space. As they walk by the wall, Cardi B asked Snoop Dogg, “Is this like a galactic hip-hop museum?”
After Hall tweeted out the photo, theStar Trek OnlineTwitter account took notice and retweeted. The game’s account confirmed that the artwork on Snoop Dogg’s wall is concept art from Star Trek Online.
“In today's strangest and best news, @SnoopDogg has early concept art from our game up in his house as a giant mural,” the account tweeted. “Snoop, do you play STO? And either way, want to come on our stream?” You can take a look below.
It turns out the mural features more than Star Trek ships alone. It’s a custom piece created by Gamut Media titled Star Wars vs. Star Trek (via Daily Star Trek News). As you can see in Gamut’s official shots of the mural, it includes ships and actors from the Star Wars universe as well as the Star Trek universe.
This may come as a surprise to some of Snoop Dogg’s fans, but it shouldn’t. Snoop Dogg produced and appeared in the Star Trek parody movie Unbelievable!!!! He teamed with original Star Trek star Nichelle Nichols on the project. It assembled more than 40 Star Trek alumni into its cast (though some weren’t thrilled with the experience).
Star Trek Online launched in February 2010. The MMORPG takes place in the Star Trek Universe, allowing players to control their own captain in new stories set year into the franchise’s future. It’s most recent expansions bring characters and concepts from Star Trek: Discovery into the game’s version of Star Trek’s future. These include the Age of Discovery, Mirror of Discovery, Rise of Discovery, and Awakening expansions.
What do you think of Snoop Dogg’s Star Wars vs. Star Trek mural? Let us know in the comments. Rhythm + Flow is now streaming on Netflix. Star Trek Online is now available as a free-to-play game on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One
More on this: 561 stories
- Patrick Stewart accepted Star Trek Picard role on two conditions
- 5 Great Fan Theories About Star Trek: Picard That Make Too Much Sense (& 5 That Are Just Impossible)
- New movies on Amazon Prime January 2020: Full list of what's new this month
- Sir Patrick Stewart: My embarrassment over Star Trek incident
- Star Trek: Picard Gives Fans a Sneak Peek at the New Number One
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Reunite At Star Trek: Picard Premiere
- Star Trek has always been about challenging the notion of right or wrong
- The Journey Begins in New Star Trek: Picard Promo
- Star Trek's Jeri Ryan explains why she "panicked" when she first read the Picard script
- "Star Trek": No Rules... No Regulations... All "Picard" [PROMO]
- The Essential Picard: The Best of Both Worlds
- The Ready Room: Wil Wheaton Set to Host Picard Aftershow
- Star Trek Beyond's Kalara Is One Of The The Series' Most Tragic Villains
- Some New Star Trek: Picard Spoilers
- 'Star Trek: Voyager' Turns 25 Years Old Today
- Every TNG Character Missing From The New Show
- Sir Ian McKellen warned Sir Patrick Stewart Star Trek would ruin career
- How 'Star Trek: Voyager' Missed Out on Greatness
- Star Trek: Will Jason Isaacs return to Discovery? Star teases comeback
- Star Trek: Picard's Patrick Stewart confirms Data only appears in a dream
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Everything from 'ST:D' we hope *not* to see
- Sir Patrick Stewart speaks of Brexit sorrow at Star Trek launch
- Patrick Stewart brands Brexit 'the grimmest thing'
- 'Star Trek' return 'irresistible,' says Patrick Stewart at new series premiere
- Star Trek Short Treks are the newest contextual tool for CBS All Access