Watch Star Trek: Discovery's Captain Pike return in new Short Treks trailer
Captain Christopher Pike is finally making his much-anticipated comeback to the Star Trek universe.
While Captain Pike's (Anson Mount) return to Star Trek: Short Treks was confirmed by Discovery co-creator Alex Kurtzman at San Diego Comic-Con this summer, we now have a first look at the character in the new Short Treks teaser released ahead of next week's episode 'Ask Not'.
The episode's official synopsis reads: "When an attack on Starbase 28 leaves a surprise prisoner under Cadet Thira Sidhu's (Amrit Kaur) watch, she is faced with making a decision that may threaten her standing in Starfleet."
In the 30-second teaser, Pike comes up against newcomer Cadet Thira Sidhu, telling her: "I need you to let me out of here."
"You're a prisoner," Thira replies. "Your orders carry no weight anymore."
"Cadet, I am giving you a direct order to release me," responds Pike. "When this is all done, you'll never see the inside of a starship again."
Honestly, we're just excited to see Pike back inside of a starship.
Apart from the Captain, Kurtzman also confirmed the return of Spock actor Ethan Peck, who'll star alongside Number One (Rebecca Romijn).
Talking about the characters' return, Kurtzman teased at the time: "The idea of bringing Ethan [Peck] back, and Anson [Mount] and Rebecca [Romijn] and the Enterprise, I mean, we loved it so much, and to find a way to do that is definitely something we're thinking about."
Digital Spy is launching a newsletter – sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox.
More on this: 561 stories
- Patrick Stewart accepted Star Trek Picard role on two conditions
- 5 Great Fan Theories About Star Trek: Picard That Make Too Much Sense (& 5 That Are Just Impossible)
- New movies on Amazon Prime January 2020: Full list of what's new this month
- Sir Patrick Stewart: My embarrassment over Star Trek incident
- Star Trek: Picard Gives Fans a Sneak Peek at the New Number One
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Reunite At Star Trek: Picard Premiere
- Star Trek has always been about challenging the notion of right or wrong
- The Journey Begins in New Star Trek: Picard Promo
- Star Trek's Jeri Ryan explains why she "panicked" when she first read the Picard script
- "Star Trek": No Rules... No Regulations... All "Picard" [PROMO]
- The Essential Picard: The Best of Both Worlds
- The Ready Room: Wil Wheaton Set to Host Picard Aftershow
- Star Trek Beyond's Kalara Is One Of The The Series' Most Tragic Villains
- Some New Star Trek: Picard Spoilers
- 'Star Trek: Voyager' Turns 25 Years Old Today
- Every TNG Character Missing From The New Show
- Sir Ian McKellen warned Sir Patrick Stewart Star Trek would ruin career
- How 'Star Trek: Voyager' Missed Out on Greatness
- Star Trek: Will Jason Isaacs return to Discovery? Star teases comeback
- Star Trek: Picard's Patrick Stewart confirms Data only appears in a dream
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Everything from 'ST:D' we hope *not* to see
- Sir Patrick Stewart speaks of Brexit sorrow at Star Trek launch
- Patrick Stewart brands Brexit 'the grimmest thing'
- 'Star Trek' return 'irresistible,' says Patrick Stewart at new series premiere
- Star Trek Short Treks are the newest contextual tool for CBS All Access