Meaney To Receive Award This Week
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine‘s Colm Meaney will receive an award at The Irish Post Awards 2019 later this week.
“The Irish Post Awards have acknowledged excellence in the Irish in Britain since their founding in 1977. These prestigious Awards are recognized not only in Britain but around the world for the Irish Diaspora.
“Through the years we have recognized luminaries and noted their significant contributions as they also at times have achieved global acclaim.”
Meaney will be honored for “outstanding contribution to the world of the stage and screen. The actor, who has been acting since the age of fourteen, appeared on two hundred-and-twenty five episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
After portraying the good-natured O’Brien, Meaney switched gears and played a ruthless railroad magnate in AMC‘s Hell on Wheels.
Meaney won the Best Action IFTA for his role of Irish politician Martin McGuinness in the film The Journey.
This year, Meaney can be seen in Tolkein, Sebert, and The Banker, the later of which will debut later this year.
The Irish Post Awards will take place Thursday, November 14 at 9:30 PM.
What do you think? Chat with other fans in the at The Trek BBS.
More on this: 666 stories
- Patrick Stewart on boldly returning for Star Trek Picard
- Picard Full of Star Trek Easter Eggs and Callbacks
- Star Trek: Picard knows Star Trek is a hard sell in 2020
- "Star Trek: Picard" to debut on CBS All Access on January 23
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Jean-Luc Picard Emulates the Growth Mindset of 'Star Trek'
- Picard: Star Trek re-enters the Next Generation with bold new series
- Star Trek: Picard's dog is more important than you might think
- How Picard Reprograms Robotics in the Star Trek Universe
- Whoopi Goldberg to Return as Guinan in Star Trek: Picard Season 2
- Why Patrick Stewart Chose to Return in Star Trek: Picard
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Why does Trek endure? TNG's Marina Sirtis and Brent Spiner explain
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1 Ending Explained
- Star Trek: Picard: What Happened to Romulus?
- Star Trek: Picard Premiere's Surprising Final Scene, Explained
- Whoopi Goldberg tears as Patrick Stewart offers Star Trek Picard 2 role
- STAR TREK: PICARD Review: An Engaging But Uneven Start
- How 'Logan' Convinced Patrick Stewart He Could Return to 'Star Trek'
- Patrick Stewart Asks Whoopi Goldberg To Rejoin 'Star Trek'
- How Picard Makes the 2009 Star Trek Reboot Relevant Again
- Data's Daughters, Dahj's Death & Synthetic Cloning Explained
- 'We are not the starched uniform-wearing crew of old': a messier, more human 'Star Trek' in 'Picard'
- Star Trek: Picard Season 1 Episode 1 Review
- Goldsman And Chabon On Data
- Star Trek: Picard 'engages' critics in first reviews