Star Trek Fleet Command Intoduces Mirror Universe Kelvin Timeline Characters
Star Trek Fleet Command is getting visitors from the Mirror Universe. The Mirror Universe version of the Kelvin timeline’s Spock will crossover using the ISS Jellyfish and add a new complication to the conflict between the Federation, the Klingons, and the Romulans. Scopely announced the new Mirror Universe event, saying, “As if the conflict between the Federation, the Klingons, and the Romulans was not dangerous enough, a new threat rises from a place nobody could imagine: an alternate universe where right is wrong, good is evil, and heroes act like villains!
“A mysterious ion storm results in a strange visitor to the Kelvin timeline, one who calls himself Spock, but this is not the noble officer we know. This Spock is from the Mirror Universe, where the Terran Empire reigns, having subverted the ideals of the Federation into a tyrannical galactic power. Here in the Kelvin timeline, Mirror Spock seeks the means to return to his reality in his twisted version of the iconic Jellyfish and wipe out the Romulan race once and for all. Can he be stopped before even more of the Mirror Universe leaks into the Kelvin timeline, and threatens all sentient life?”
The Mirror event introduces new, replayable missions with alternate endings. Players can also unlock Mirror Universe versions of their favorite Kelvin timeline Starfleet officers.
Star Trek Fleet Command is described as “the first free-roaming multiplayer Star Trek experience to combine role-playing game style progression and real-time battles with enemy ships—all on mobile devices. A fast-paced strategy experience, the game brings players unparalleled access to the Star Trek universe along with an epic narrative that unfolds as they travel to the furthest corners of the galaxy.”
Star Trek Fleet Command features stories written by Star Trek comic book writer Mike Johnson. Johnson teased in an interview that Fleet Command may present the opportunity to tell Kelvin Timeline stories set after the events of Star Trek Beyond.
“The game is indeed set in the Kelvin universe,” Johnson said. “It starts just before Star Trek Beyond. Our story will encompass the events of Beyond, and then we'll go... beyond Beyond.”
What do you think of Star Trek Fleet Command adding Mirror Universe versions of Star Trek's Kelvin characters? Let us know what you think about the new event in the comments section. Star Trek Fleet Command is available now on Google Play and in the App Store.
More on this: 666 stories
- Patrick Stewart on boldly returning for Star Trek Picard
- Picard Full of Star Trek Easter Eggs and Callbacks
- Star Trek: Picard knows Star Trek is a hard sell in 2020
- "Star Trek: Picard" to debut on CBS All Access on January 23
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Jean-Luc Picard Emulates the Growth Mindset of 'Star Trek'
- Picard: Star Trek re-enters the Next Generation with bold new series
- Star Trek: Picard's dog is more important than you might think
- How Picard Reprograms Robotics in the Star Trek Universe
- Whoopi Goldberg to Return as Guinan in Star Trek: Picard Season 2
- Why Patrick Stewart Chose to Return in Star Trek: Picard
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Why does Trek endure? TNG's Marina Sirtis and Brent Spiner explain
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1 Ending Explained
- Star Trek: Picard: What Happened to Romulus?
- Star Trek: Picard Premiere's Surprising Final Scene, Explained
- Whoopi Goldberg tears as Patrick Stewart offers Star Trek Picard 2 role
- STAR TREK: PICARD Review: An Engaging But Uneven Start
- How 'Logan' Convinced Patrick Stewart He Could Return to 'Star Trek'
- Patrick Stewart Asks Whoopi Goldberg To Rejoin 'Star Trek'
- How Picard Makes the 2009 Star Trek Reboot Relevant Again
- Data's Daughters, Dahj's Death & Synthetic Cloning Explained
- 'We are not the starched uniform-wearing crew of old': a messier, more human 'Star Trek' in 'Picard'
- Star Trek: Picard Season 1 Episode 1 Review
- Goldsman And Chabon On Data
- Star Trek: Picard 'engages' critics in first reviews