Noah Hawley to write and direct Star Trek 4 with Chris Pine and company returning
Having been forced to shelve its plans for the S.J. Clarkson-headlined Star Trek 4 after failing to reach a deal with actors Chris Pine (James Kirk) and Chris Hemsworth (George Kirk), Paramount Pictures is now moving ahead with another big screen outing for the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise – and no, it’s not the Quentin Tarantino project.
As revealed by Deadline, Fargo and Legion creator and Lucy in the Sky director Noah Hawley is in final talks with the studio to beam aboard the sci-fi franchise as writer and director of a fourth outing for the Kelvin timeline crew led by Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg and John Cho.
Should Hawley close his deal, which is expected, he will work with producer J.J. Abrams and his Bad Robot banner to produce the new film – the fourth since Abrams rebooted the franchise with 2009’s Star Trek, and the first since 2016’s Star Trek Beyond.
Further details on Star Trek 4 are being kept under wraps at present, but Deadline’s article goes on to state that the Quentin Tarantino project also remains very much on the table, with Mark L. Smith (The Revenant) having written the script and Tarantino still potentially interested in directing.
Are you excited that the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise look set to reunite for another adventure? What do you make of Hawley as writer and director? Let us know in the comments below or reach out on our social channels @FlickeringMyth…
More on this: 395 stories
- Star Trek: Picard Is IMDb's Most Anticipated New Show of 2020
- "Star Trek: Short Treks": Trailers, Images for Animated Eps Released
- Patrick Stewart Talks Star Trek: Picard and Christmas Carol
- Star Trek's William Shatner Files for Divorce
- Star Trek: Picard And Discovery Might Crossover At Some Point
- Beloved 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' Actor René Auberjonois Dies at 79
- Is Star Trek Into Darkness On Netflix, Hulu Or Prime?
- Star Trek actor René Auberjonois who appeared at North Wales comic con dies after cancer battle
- Star Trek: The 8 Most Memorable Episodes The Original Series
- Benson and Star Trek actor Rene Auberjonois has died aged 79
- 'Benson,' 'Star Trek' actor René Auberjonois has died at 79
- A Man of Many Roles: René Auberjonois Passes at Age 79
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Rene Auberjonois Dies at 79
- 'Star Trek', 'Benson' actor Rene Auberjonois dead at 79
- René Auberjonois dead: Star Trek, M*A*S*H and Benson star dies aged 79
- Star Trek Stars Pay Tribute To Deep Space Nine's Rene Auberjonois
- René Auberjonois, 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' and 'M*A*S*H' Star, Dies at 79
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture: Forty Years
- Star Trek Theory: Wesley Crusher Could Have Been Picard's Son
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture Celebrates 40th Anniversary
- Star Trek: Picard Cast Hopes to Live Up to The Next Generation's Legacy by Connecting Viewers
- Star Trek Movie & TV Timeline: Original Series, Kelvin, & Discovery
- Reach The Limits Of The Universe And Evolve: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE Turns Forty
- Star Trek Movies And TV Shows Can Now Cross Over With Each Other
- Star Trek Movie & TV Rights Are Finally Whole Again As Merger Completes