STAR TREK 4 Is Back On, Fargo, Legion Creator Noah Hawley to Write & Direct
In some surprising news, the possibility of a fourth film in the rebooted “Kelvin Timeline” series of Star Trek films just got much better. Fargo and Legion creator Noah Hawley is now in final negotiations with Paramount to write and direct a new Bad Robot-produced Star Trek film, according to Deadline.
Following the release of Star Trek Beyond in 2016, Paramount announced a fourth film had been greenlit, with the idea that Chris Hemsworth would return to the role of George Kirk and Chris Pine as Captain James T. Kirk. However, after negotiations with the two actors broke down in 2018, the project appeared to come to a grinding halt.
It is expected that the “Kelvin Timeline” Enterprise crew of Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, John Cho and Simon Pegg and will all return for the film. Details on whether Hemsworth’s role as the elder Kirk is still part of the plan is not clear.
According to The Wrap, there are three different scripts in contention for the film, so Paramount may still be deciding on which direction to take the iconic franchise. The rumored Quentin Tarantino R-rated Star Trek spin-off is also still a possibility, in addition to the fourth Kelvin Timeline film.
No release date for Star Trek 4 has been announced.
Stay tuned to TrekNews.net for all the latest news on a fourth “Kelvin Timeline” Star Trek film, along with the television series Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Short Treks, Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek: Lower Decks. You can also connect with us on social: @TrekNewsNet on Twitter, @TrekNews on Facebook, and @TrekNews on Instagram.
More on this: 666 stories
- Patrick Stewart on boldly returning for Star Trek Picard
- Picard Full of Star Trek Easter Eggs and Callbacks
- Star Trek: Picard knows Star Trek is a hard sell in 2020
- "Star Trek: Picard" to debut on CBS All Access on January 23
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Jean-Luc Picard Emulates the Growth Mindset of 'Star Trek'
- Picard: Star Trek re-enters the Next Generation with bold new series
- Star Trek: Picard's dog is more important than you might think
- How Picard Reprograms Robotics in the Star Trek Universe
- Whoopi Goldberg to Return as Guinan in Star Trek: Picard Season 2
- Why Patrick Stewart Chose to Return in Star Trek: Picard
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Why does Trek endure? TNG's Marina Sirtis and Brent Spiner explain
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1 Ending Explained
- Star Trek: Picard: What Happened to Romulus?
- Star Trek: Picard Premiere's Surprising Final Scene, Explained
- Whoopi Goldberg tears as Patrick Stewart offers Star Trek Picard 2 role
- STAR TREK: PICARD Review: An Engaging But Uneven Start
- How 'Logan' Convinced Patrick Stewart He Could Return to 'Star Trek'
- Patrick Stewart Asks Whoopi Goldberg To Rejoin 'Star Trek'
- How Picard Makes the 2009 Star Trek Reboot Relevant Again
- Data's Daughters, Dahj's Death & Synthetic Cloning Explained
- 'We are not the starched uniform-wearing crew of old': a messier, more human 'Star Trek' in 'Picard'
- Star Trek: Picard Season 1 Episode 1 Review
- Goldsman And Chabon On Data
- Star Trek: Picard 'engages' critics in first reviews