Star Trek 4 moves forward with Chris Pine returning as Captain Kirk
Chris Pine is set to reprise his role as Captain Kirk for the next Star Trek movie.
According to Deadline, the actor will once again board the USS Enterprise alongside returning co-stars Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg and Karl Urban.
Doubt was cast over Pine's future in the sci-fi series last year when it was suggested he and Chris Hemsworth had walked away from Star Trek 4 over a pay dispute.
According to reports, the studio had tried to get them to take a pay cut and were allegedly waiting to lock them down before negotiating their fellow stars' contracts.
However, when asked about the situation by Variety, Pine insisted that he was still interested in coming back for a fourth movie.
"I mean I'd love to be involved and we'll see what happens, and I'll await the phone call. Until then I look forward to it," he said at the time. Well, it seems he got that phone call.
Deadline also reports that Paramount Pictures is in final talks with Noah Hawley (Lucy in the Sky, Legion, Fargo the TV series) to write and direct the fourth Star Trek film.
After Star Trek Beyondunderperformed at the box office, there were doubts if we'd even get a Star Trek 4, but it now appears it's all systems go for Kirk and his crew.
Digital Spy now has a newsletter –sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox.
More on this: 16 stories
- Star Trek 4: What New Director Noah Hawley's Previous Movies & Shows Reveal
- Unpacking How We Feel About Noah Hawley Directing Star Trek
- Noah Hawley to Write and Direct Star Trek 4
- Star Trek 4 Back on with Noah Hawley
- Noah Hawley to write and direct Star Trek 4 with Chris Pine and company returning
- Noah Hawley Will Write And Direct The Next STAR TREK Movie
- STAR TREK 4 Is Back On, Fargo, Legion Creator Noah Hawley to Write & Direct
- 'Star Trek 4' Takes Off With 'Lucy In The Sky' Director Noah Hawley
- Noah Hawley to Write and Direct "Star Trek 4"
- Star Trek 4 eyes Fargo, Legion creator Noah Hawley to direct
- Noah Hawley is Directing the Next Star Trek Film
- Legion's Noah Hawley To Write and Direct Next Star Trek Film
- Star Trek 4 Sets Legion Creator Noah Hawley as Writer & Director
- 'Star Trek 4': Noah Hawley to Direct, Chris Pine Returning to Star
- Noah Hawley To Direct Star Trek 4; Chris Pine Expected To Return
- Star Trek 4 Back In Production With Chris Pine Returning