Star Trek: Chris Pine Signs On For Fourth Installment
Star Trek 4 is back on at Paramount. Chris Pine and the rest of the crew of the Enterprise have signed on for the sequel.
It was reported earlier this year that talks between Chris Pine (and Hemsworth) had fallen apart. The next installment of the Star Trek reboot franchise was officially dead for all those involved. It seems everyone had a change of heart. Chris Pine and the rest of the cast have now officially signed on to continue their five-year mission.
Compounding this news is the announcement that Director Noah Hawley will be taking the reins for the next adventure. Hawley is best known for FX’s Legion as well as the feature film Lucy in the Sky. J.J. Abrams will be back to produce.
Little is known about this fourth movie other than it is separate from the Quintin Tarantino version that’s in the works. Before things went south in the initial negotiations, the fourth Star Trekmovie was to center around time travel. James T. Kirk and the enterprise were going back in time to meet his father and possibly undo the tragic events of the first movie. According to Variety, that storyline has gotten the boot.
This is very exciting news for Star Trek fans the world over. For a time, it seemed as though we’d never get another cinematic tale in this beloved universe. With Discovery getting renewed and Star Trek: Picard about to premiere, things have been great on the small screen. It would be great if everyone could find a way to bring all the universes together into one epic narrative.
Star Trek 4 is on its way but as to the story, only time will tell. We will keep our ears to the ground and eyes to the stars for any and all additional information as it’s released. In the meantime, bask in this exciting trek-tastic news.
Are you excited that Star Trek 4 is back on? Let us know in the comments below.Jordan Zolan
I’m just a Star Trek loving, video game playing, dog owning nerd who loves to talk about all things that are geeky with anyone who will listen. I still have my original working NES and still believe blowing in the cartridge makes it work! Feel free to start a conversation with me about all things gaming and entertainment, I do love a great chat with like minded people!!
More on this: 561 stories
- Patrick Stewart accepted Star Trek Picard role on two conditions
- 5 Great Fan Theories About Star Trek: Picard That Make Too Much Sense (& 5 That Are Just Impossible)
- New movies on Amazon Prime January 2020: Full list of what's new this month
- Sir Patrick Stewart: My embarrassment over Star Trek incident
- Star Trek: Picard Gives Fans a Sneak Peek at the New Number One
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Reunite At Star Trek: Picard Premiere
- Star Trek has always been about challenging the notion of right or wrong
- The Journey Begins in New Star Trek: Picard Promo
- Star Trek's Jeri Ryan explains why she "panicked" when she first read the Picard script
- "Star Trek": No Rules... No Regulations... All "Picard" [PROMO]
- The Essential Picard: The Best of Both Worlds
- The Ready Room: Wil Wheaton Set to Host Picard Aftershow
- Star Trek Beyond's Kalara Is One Of The The Series' Most Tragic Villains
- Some New Star Trek: Picard Spoilers
- 'Star Trek: Voyager' Turns 25 Years Old Today
- Every TNG Character Missing From The New Show
- Sir Ian McKellen warned Sir Patrick Stewart Star Trek would ruin career
- How 'Star Trek: Voyager' Missed Out on Greatness
- Star Trek: Will Jason Isaacs return to Discovery? Star teases comeback
- Star Trek: Picard's Patrick Stewart confirms Data only appears in a dream
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Everything from 'ST:D' we hope *not* to see
- Sir Patrick Stewart speaks of Brexit sorrow at Star Trek launch
- Patrick Stewart brands Brexit 'the grimmest thing'
- 'Star Trek' return 'irresistible,' says Patrick Stewart at new series premiere
- Star Trek Short Treks are the newest contextual tool for CBS All Access