Star Trek: Noah Hawley To Write & Direct Next Film, Chris Pine & Co. To Return
I thought the Kelvin timeline in Star Trek was done. Star Trek Beyond was a bit of a box office dud, and while there seemed to be some momentum on a time-traveling project that saw Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth reunite as father and son, that S.J. Clarkson-directed affair fizzled out over actor negotiations (as a sidenote, Clarkson went from there to the doomed Game of Thrones prequel pilot, so that’s super unfortunate for her). But, never say never, and if this next bit of news is any indication, we’ll be seeing the Kelvin timeline return.
Deadline has reported that Noah Hawley is in final negotiations to write and direct a fourth Star Trek film set to feature Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, Karl Urban, and all your other favorite J.J. Abrams rebooted characters in a fourth outing.
There are sadly no other plot details surrounding this one, but I guess Star Trek does seem like the next natural step for Hawley after tackling franchises like Fargo and Legion.
Hawley has also been in discussions with Marvel Studios regarding a potential Doctor Doom film, but given the more recent acquisition of 20th Century Fox by Disney, the possibility of that film seems fairly slim, even though Hawley stated as recently as last October that he’d spoken with Kevin Feige on the subject, saying:
Well, with a new Star Trek film to be penning, I doubt he’ll have much time for that Doctor Doom flick any time soon. Are you excited to see Hawley taking on a Star Trek film? Let us know your thoughts down below!
Don’t forget to share this post on your Facebook wall and with your Twitter followers! Just hit the buttons on the top of this page.
Have you checked out LRM Online’s official podcast feed yet The LRM Online Podcast Network, which includes our flagship podcast Los Fanboys, our premiere podcast Breaking Geek Radio: The Podcast, and our morning show LRMornings? Check it out by listening below. It’s also available on all your favorite podcast apps!
More on this: 691 stories
- Patrick Stewart Reveals First Contact is Favorite Star Trek Movie
- All Star Trek: Picard's Easter eggs and hidden references in episode one
- The Borg return in 'Star Trek: Picard'! Jeri Ryan and Jonathan Del Arco talk 'Seven of Nine' and 'Hugh'
- 'Shang-Chi' Rounds Cast with Michelle Yeoh and Rosalind Chao
- [REVIEW] STAR TREK: PICARD Series Premiere "Remembrance"
- Star Trek: Picard Confrims Data's Tragic Fate
- "Star Trek: Picard" E01 "Remembrance": Unforgettable Bike Ride [Review]
- Star Trek: Picard Turns Starfleet Into The Villains
- Star Trek: Picard boss addresses episode 1 cliffhanger
- Every 'Star Trek: Picard' Episode 1 Easter Egg
- Star Trek Picard: When The Next Episode Will Release
- Star Trek: Picard review – Patrick Stewart goes guerrilla in skintight velour
- William Shatner Doesn't Seem To Understand What Star Trek Is About
- TV series fans have waited 18 years for
- 'Picard' Explained: "Remembrance" Brings Revelations
- Star Trek: Why Synthetics Destroyed Mars & Are Banned In Picard
- 13 'Star Trek: Picard' Easter Eggs from the Premiere
- Tons Of Star Trek Fans Are Hating Picard So Far
- Rosalind Chao Reportedly Boards Marvel's Shang-Chi Film
- Patrick Stewart on boldly returning for Star Trek Picard
- Picard Full of Star Trek Easter Eggs and Callbacks
- Star Trek: Picard knows Star Trek is a hard sell in 2020
- "Star Trek: Picard" to debut on CBS All Access on January 23
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Jean-Luc Picard Emulates the Growth Mindset of 'Star Trek'