Star Trek: Picard: Movie & TV Collection Review
With the holidays fast approaching, a gift for that Next Generation fan on your list is the Star Trek: Picard: Movie & TV Collection Blu-ray set.
The set contains six discs. On the discs ares two double episodes and the four Star Trek: The Next Generation movies. In addition, fans will receive a sixteen-page Star Trek: Sky’s the Limit mini-comic from IDW Publishing, which features a brand-new story.
The full contents can be found in the article posted here earlier in the year.
Two of the very best episodes of The Next Generation are included in this set – Chain of Command and Best of Both Worlds. Best of Both Worlds might well have had the best cliffhanger of a Star Trek season to date.
Some might argue that the Inner Light should have been on here too but if one goes down that road, they’d need more discs!
The specials on the set are numerous and include commentaries, stories, promos, art and storyboards, discussions, and that brand-new comic.
I won’t totally spoil the comic, but in it, Picard and his crew must face off against a ship of Maquis. My question after reading the story was “how will this story tie into Star Trek: Picard?” After reading the story, you’ll see why I ask the question. The story was written by Thomas Zahler and it features art by Carlos Nieto.
Both the case and the slipcover have listings of the contents of each disk.
Nothing is brand-new here other than the comic, but it’s a great set to give to a casual fan who likes Picard and The Next Generation, but doesn’t own all of the seasons and movies on DVD or Blu-ray.
Those waiting for Star Trek: Picard to air will of course be interested in the mini-comic from IDW Publishing.
To order the Star Trek: Picard Movie & TV Collection, which costs $23.68, head to the link located here.
What do you think? Chat with other fans in the at The Trek BBS.
More on this: 666 stories
- Patrick Stewart on boldly returning for Star Trek Picard
- Picard Full of Star Trek Easter Eggs and Callbacks
- Star Trek: Picard knows Star Trek is a hard sell in 2020
- "Star Trek: Picard" to debut on CBS All Access on January 23
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Jean-Luc Picard Emulates the Growth Mindset of 'Star Trek'
- Picard: Star Trek re-enters the Next Generation with bold new series
- Star Trek: Picard's dog is more important than you might think
- How Picard Reprograms Robotics in the Star Trek Universe
- Whoopi Goldberg to Return as Guinan in Star Trek: Picard Season 2
- Why Patrick Stewart Chose to Return in Star Trek: Picard
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Why does Trek endure? TNG's Marina Sirtis and Brent Spiner explain
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1 Ending Explained
- Star Trek: Picard: What Happened to Romulus?
- Star Trek: Picard Premiere's Surprising Final Scene, Explained
- Whoopi Goldberg tears as Patrick Stewart offers Star Trek Picard 2 role
- STAR TREK: PICARD Review: An Engaging But Uneven Start
- How 'Logan' Convinced Patrick Stewart He Could Return to 'Star Trek'
- Patrick Stewart Asks Whoopi Goldberg To Rejoin 'Star Trek'
- How Picard Makes the 2009 Star Trek Reboot Relevant Again
- Data's Daughters, Dahj's Death & Synthetic Cloning Explained
- 'We are not the starched uniform-wearing crew of old': a messier, more human 'Star Trek' in 'Picard'
- Star Trek: Picard Season 1 Episode 1 Review
- Goldsman And Chabon On Data
- Star Trek: Picard 'engages' critics in first reviews