Stewart’s A Christmas Carol Returning To New York Stage
Two performances of A Christmas Carol, featuring Sir Patrick Stewart in the solo adaption of the Charles Dickens holiday classic, will benefit two charities.
Last seen in 2011, A Christmas Carol will return for two nights only, December 11 and December 13 at Theater 511.
Stewart plays Scrooge, Fezziwig, Tiny Tim, the three spirits and all the other characters in the story.
“It’s been a dream of mine to return to A Christmas Carol on the New York stage,” said Stewart. “Bringing this story’s message of greed, contempt, tenderness, compassion, and revelation to life seems more urgent today than over thirty years ago when I first attempted the adaptation; and I’m excited to get the chance to revisit these spirited—yes, some of them actual spirits—characters, whom I’ve long cherished. That these performances will benefit two important organizations in the process makes this all the more thrilling.”
The charities that will benefit from the proceeds of the limited-run are City Harvest, which is New York City’s largest food rescue organization; and Ars Nova, which seeks to “discover, develop, and launch the next generation of music, comedy, and theater artists.”
Tickets for the benefit will cost $500.00. Note that the December 11 show is already sold-out.
What do you think? Chat with other fans in the at The Trek BBS.
More on this: 561 stories
- Patrick Stewart accepted Star Trek Picard role on two conditions
- 5 Great Fan Theories About Star Trek: Picard That Make Too Much Sense (& 5 That Are Just Impossible)
- New movies on Amazon Prime January 2020: Full list of what's new this month
- Sir Patrick Stewart: My embarrassment over Star Trek incident
- Star Trek: Picard Gives Fans a Sneak Peek at the New Number One
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Reunite At Star Trek: Picard Premiere
- Star Trek has always been about challenging the notion of right or wrong
- The Journey Begins in New Star Trek: Picard Promo
- Star Trek's Jeri Ryan explains why she "panicked" when she first read the Picard script
- "Star Trek": No Rules... No Regulations... All "Picard" [PROMO]
- The Essential Picard: The Best of Both Worlds
- The Ready Room: Wil Wheaton Set to Host Picard Aftershow
- Star Trek Beyond's Kalara Is One Of The The Series' Most Tragic Villains
- Some New Star Trek: Picard Spoilers
- 'Star Trek: Voyager' Turns 25 Years Old Today
- Every TNG Character Missing From The New Show
- Sir Ian McKellen warned Sir Patrick Stewart Star Trek would ruin career
- How 'Star Trek: Voyager' Missed Out on Greatness
- Star Trek: Will Jason Isaacs return to Discovery? Star teases comeback
- Star Trek: Picard's Patrick Stewart confirms Data only appears in a dream
- 'Star Trek: Picard': Everything from 'ST:D' we hope *not* to see
- Sir Patrick Stewart speaks of Brexit sorrow at Star Trek launch
- Patrick Stewart brands Brexit 'the grimmest thing'
- 'Star Trek' return 'irresistible,' says Patrick Stewart at new series premiere
- Star Trek Short Treks are the newest contextual tool for CBS All Access