Stewart’s A Christmas Carol Returning To New York Stage
Two performances of A Christmas Carol, featuring Sir Patrick Stewart in the solo adaption of the Charles Dickens holiday classic, will benefit two charities.
Last seen in 2011, A Christmas Carol will return for two nights only, December 11 and December 13 at Theater 511.
Stewart plays Scrooge, Fezziwig, Tiny Tim, the three spirits and all the other characters in the story.
“It’s been a dream of mine to return to A Christmas Carol on the New York stage,” said Stewart. “Bringing this story’s message of greed, contempt, tenderness, compassion, and revelation to life seems more urgent today than over thirty years ago when I first attempted the adaptation; and I’m excited to get the chance to revisit these spirited—yes, some of them actual spirits—characters, whom I’ve long cherished. That these performances will benefit two important organizations in the process makes this all the more thrilling.”
The charities that will benefit from the proceeds of the limited-run are City Harvest, which is New York City’s largest food rescue organization; and Ars Nova, which seeks to “discover, develop, and launch the next generation of music, comedy, and theater artists.”
Tickets for the benefit will cost $500.00. Note that the December 11 show is already sold-out.
What do you think? Chat with other fans in the at The Trek BBS.
More on this: 815 stories
- Democratic Presidential Candidate Pete Buttigieg Reveals His Guilty Pleasure Is Watching Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: Every Android Brent Spiner Played (& What Happened To Them)
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Explains Why There's So Much Modern Tech in the Show
- Star Trek: Picard May Tease That Discovery's Red Angel Is A Starfleet Legend
- Star Trek: Picard's Michelle Hurd Reveals What She Loves About Raffi
- "Star Trek: Picard": Michael Chabon Nerdsplains Culture Changes [VIDEO]
- Why Does Star Trek: Picard's Cristóbal Rios Have So Many Holograms?
- Picard Nostalgia Risks Holding Star Trek Fans Back
- Star Trek: Picard: The Last Best Hope Book Review
- Star Trek Discovery: 6 Reasons It's Better Than People Think (& 4 Reasons It's Worse)
- 10 Hilarious Star Trek Fan-Art Photos That Would Even Make The Borg Laugh
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Explains Why That Vulcan Wore Sunglasses
- Let's try to remember we all love Star Trek, despite our differences
- Picard's Michelle Hurd Loves Working With Patrick Stewart
- Star Trek: Is Control the Link Between the Romulan Zhat Vash and Soji, the Destroyer?
- Star Trek: Picard's Michelle Hurd reveals what surprised her most about Patrick Stewart
- Jeri Ryan on Return, Patrick Stewart & More [Spoilers]
- Star Trek Theory: Picard's New Hologram Evolved From DS9's Vic Fontaine
- Star Trek: 10 Reasons Saru Is The Best Character On Discovery
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Explains Jean-Luc's New Nickname
- Star Trek: Picard Producer Explains Jean-Luc's New Nickname
- Star Trek fans pick Next Generation over the Original series
- Star Trek Gives A New Reason For Romulans To Hate Picard and Starfleet
- 5 Things We Hope Picard Does In The Coming Episodes (& 5 That We Wish He Wouldn't)
- Star Trek: Voyager 25th Anniversary Special