Stewart’s A Christmas Carol Returning To New York Stage
Two performances of A Christmas Carol, featuring Sir Patrick Stewart in the solo adaption of the Charles Dickens holiday classic, will benefit two charities.
Last seen in 2011, A Christmas Carol will return for two nights only, December 11 and December 13 at Theater 511.
Stewart plays Scrooge, Fezziwig, Tiny Tim, the three spirits and all the other characters in the story.
“It’s been a dream of mine to return to A Christmas Carol on the New York stage,” said Stewart. “Bringing this story’s message of greed, contempt, tenderness, compassion, and revelation to life seems more urgent today than over thirty years ago when I first attempted the adaptation; and I’m excited to get the chance to revisit these spirited—yes, some of them actual spirits—characters, whom I’ve long cherished. That these performances will benefit two important organizations in the process makes this all the more thrilling.”
The charities that will benefit from the proceeds of the limited-run are City Harvest, which is New York City’s largest food rescue organization; and Ars Nova, which seeks to “discover, develop, and launch the next generation of music, comedy, and theater artists.”
Tickets for the benefit will cost $500.00. Note that the December 11 show is already sold-out.
What do you think? Chat with other fans in the at The Trek BBS.
More on this: 395 stories
- Star Trek: Picard Is IMDb's Most Anticipated New Show of 2020
- "Star Trek: Short Treks": Trailers, Images for Animated Eps Released
- Patrick Stewart Talks Star Trek: Picard and Christmas Carol
- Star Trek's William Shatner Files for Divorce
- Star Trek: Picard And Discovery Might Crossover At Some Point
- Beloved 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' Actor René Auberjonois Dies at 79
- Is Star Trek Into Darkness On Netflix, Hulu Or Prime?
- Star Trek actor René Auberjonois who appeared at North Wales comic con dies after cancer battle
- Star Trek: The 8 Most Memorable Episodes The Original Series
- Benson and Star Trek actor Rene Auberjonois has died aged 79
- 'Benson,' 'Star Trek' actor René Auberjonois has died at 79
- A Man of Many Roles: René Auberjonois Passes at Age 79
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Rene Auberjonois Dies at 79
- 'Star Trek', 'Benson' actor Rene Auberjonois dead at 79
- René Auberjonois dead: Star Trek, M*A*S*H and Benson star dies aged 79
- Star Trek Stars Pay Tribute To Deep Space Nine's Rene Auberjonois
- René Auberjonois, 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' and 'M*A*S*H' Star, Dies at 79
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture: Forty Years
- Star Trek Theory: Wesley Crusher Could Have Been Picard's Son
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture Celebrates 40th Anniversary
- Star Trek: Picard Cast Hopes to Live Up to The Next Generation's Legacy by Connecting Viewers
- Star Trek Movie & TV Timeline: Original Series, Kelvin, & Discovery
- Reach The Limits Of The Universe And Evolve: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE Turns Forty
- Star Trek Movies And TV Shows Can Now Cross Over With Each Other
- Star Trek Movie & TV Rights Are Finally Whole Again As Merger Completes