Chris Hemsworth Reportedly Returning In Future Star Trek Movie
Before he was launched into the Hollywood big leagues with his role as Thor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Chris Hemsworth made a brief appearance as George Kirk, father of James Tiberius, in the opening scenes of 2009’s Star Trek. Then, following 2016’s Beyond, Paramount had the bright idea of using this to their advantage and bringing back Hemsworth for Star Trek 4and pairing him with his grown-up son, as played by Chris Pine.
As you’re probably well aware though, things didn’t go to plan and negotiations with Hemsworth broke down. But all hope’s not lost, as Star Trek 4, in a different form, is now on the move again. The Australian star won’t be appearing in that, but We Got This Covered has learned that the studio still has plans to bring him back for another film.
Furthermore, our sources – the same ones who said that Ewan McGregor was returning as Obi-Wan in a Disney Plus show, and that the leads of Ghostbusters 3 would be young teens, both of which turned out to be true – have explained that ST4, which will be written and directed by Noah Hawley (Fargo), will be followed by fifth and sixth entries in the rebooted series, so Hemsworth’s return could happen in one of those instead. Alternatively, we’re even hearing that there’s a slight possibility he could turn up in Quentin Tarantino’s R-rated Trek film, too. After all, the director has confirmed that his effort will be part of the Kelvin timeline – albeit loosely.
All that being said, Hemsworth has previously revealed that he ultimately turned down ST4 as he didn’t feel passionate enough about the project, so clearly Paramount will have to come up with something special if they do want him back, and maybe cough up a bit more cash, according to recent reports. For now, though, at least Pine and the rest of the Enterprise crew are due to return in Star Trek 4, which will hopefully be with us sooner rather than later.
More on this: 723 stories
- Star Trek: Picard star Isa Briones was kept in the dark about episode 1's major plot twist
- Explaining Star Trek: Picard episode one
- Star Trek: IMDb Spoiled Picard's Big Twist
- Donald Trump's US Space Force logo is spookily similar to Starfleet Command's
- Star Trek: Picard: Isa Briones wasn't told Dahj twist till last minute
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3: 5 Things On Our Wish List (& 5 That Aren't)
- Star Trek: Picard Debunks B-4 Theory (But Could Data Return?)
- Hollywood Flashback: Patrick Stewart First Came to L.A.
- Every Star Trek Easter Egg In Picard's Vault
- Star Trek: Picard Trailer Teases What's Still to Come in Season 1
- Star Wars Star Mark Hamill Has the Best I Got Kicked Out of Space Force Response Ever
- Two Next Generation Characters Are Being Left Out Of Star Trek: Picard Season 1
- Trump unveils new Space Force logo (yes, it looks like something from 'Star Trek')
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Trump's Space Force Logo Looks a Lot Like the Star Trek Insignia
- Patrick Stewart invites Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her TNG Guinan role on season 2 of 'Star Trek: Picard'!
- Who Is Bruce Maddox? Star Trek: Picard's Surprise TNG Returning Character
- "Star Trek: Picard": How Mars Attack Connects to 2009 Film [VIDEO]
- Star Trek fans mock Donald Trump after he unveils new Space Force logo
- Trump presents new Star Trek-style logo for Space Force
- Star Trek: Why Picard Quit Starfleet Explained
- The logo for Donald Trump's US Space Force looks like the Star Trek badge
- Trump Unveils Logo For New United States Space Force
- Star Trek: Trump unveils new Space Force logo nearly identical to Starfleet Command
- Donald Trump's Space Force Logo a Star Trek Knockoff?