Star Trek: Picard Prequel Comic Confirms The Fate Of Geordi La Forge
Not since Nemesis have we seen Patrick Stewart in the role of Jean-Luc Picard, but that all changes in 2020.
On January 23rd, CBS All Access will launch Star Trek: Picard, a brand new installment in this iconic franchise that picks up years after Nemesis left off. Such a dramatic leap has naturally fueled heated debate online, as Trekkies attempt to solve exactly what happened to Picard and The Next Generation crew in the intervening years.
Well, thanks to the newly-released comic Countdown #1 by Kirsten Beyer, Mike Johnson, and Angel Hernandez (h/t ComicBook.com), we can at least cross one name off the list: Cmdr. Geordi La Forge. As the comic is a prequel by design, it takes place in the year 2385, two years before Romulus is destroyed by a Supernova and several more years before the events of next year’s Picard series.
Hidden within those pages is an admiral log which features Picard talking about the fate of La Forge.
So, there you have it: La Forge retired from the Enterprise – and, by effect, Starfleet – to take command of his distant shipyards. He’s still a close friend of Picard, of course, given his willingness to provide extra ships to aid in the evacuation of Romulus. La Forge clearly hasn’t lost sight of his time spent within The Next Generation crew; we can only hope that his friends get an honourary mention when the CBS series premieres in two months’ time.
Star Trek: Picard blasts off into the far reaches of space – well, CBS All Access – on January 23rd, 2020. And it’ll be packed with surprises, according to Patrick Stewart himself.
More on this: 12 stories
- Star Trek: Picard Prequel Gives Geordi The Respect He Deserves
- Star Trek: Picard Prequel Reveals What Happened to Two TNG Favorites
- Is Star Trek: Picard Teasing a New Enterprise?
- Star Trek: Picard Hints at New Enterprise Captain
- Star Trek Reveals Why Picard Lost Faith In The Federation
- Star Trek: Picard Prequel Teases The Enterprise's New Captain
- Star Trek: What The Next Generation Crew Are Doing When Picard Begins
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals Picard's New First Officer
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals the Mission That Leads to Picard Leaving Stafleet
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals What Happened to Geordi La Forge
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals Picard's New Starship
- Star Trek: Picard prequel confirms Next Generation's Geordi La Forge is now a commanding officer