Star Trek: Picard Prequel Comic Confirms The Fate Of Geordi La Forge
Not since Nemesis have we seen Patrick Stewart in the role of Jean-Luc Picard, but that all changes in 2020.
On January 23rd, CBS All Access will launch Star Trek: Picard, a brand new installment in this iconic franchise that picks up years after Nemesis left off. Such a dramatic leap has naturally fueled heated debate online, as Trekkies attempt to solve exactly what happened to Picard and The Next Generation crew in the intervening years.
Well, thanks to the newly-released comic Countdown #1 by Kirsten Beyer, Mike Johnson, and Angel Hernandez (h/t ComicBook.com), we can at least cross one name off the list: Cmdr. Geordi La Forge. As the comic is a prequel by design, it takes place in the year 2385, two years before Romulus is destroyed by a Supernova and several more years before the events of next year’s Picard series.
Hidden within those pages is an admiral log which features Picard talking about the fate of La Forge.
So, there you have it: La Forge retired from the Enterprise – and, by effect, Starfleet – to take command of his distant shipyards. He’s still a close friend of Picard, of course, given his willingness to provide extra ships to aid in the evacuation of Romulus. La Forge clearly hasn’t lost sight of his time spent within The Next Generation crew; we can only hope that his friends get an honourary mention when the CBS series premieres in two months’ time.
Star Trek: Picard blasts off into the far reaches of space – well, CBS All Access – on January 23rd, 2020. And it’ll be packed with surprises, according to Patrick Stewart himself.
More on this: 691 stories
- Patrick Stewart Reveals First Contact is Favorite Star Trek Movie
- All Star Trek: Picard's Easter eggs and hidden references in episode one
- The Borg return in 'Star Trek: Picard'! Jeri Ryan and Jonathan Del Arco talk 'Seven of Nine' and 'Hugh'
- 'Shang-Chi' Rounds Cast with Michelle Yeoh and Rosalind Chao
- [REVIEW] STAR TREK: PICARD Series Premiere "Remembrance"
- Star Trek: Picard Confrims Data's Tragic Fate
- "Star Trek: Picard" E01 "Remembrance": Unforgettable Bike Ride [Review]
- Star Trek: Picard Turns Starfleet Into The Villains
- Star Trek: Picard boss addresses episode 1 cliffhanger
- Every 'Star Trek: Picard' Episode 1 Easter Egg
- Star Trek Picard: When The Next Episode Will Release
- Star Trek: Picard review – Patrick Stewart goes guerrilla in skintight velour
- William Shatner Doesn't Seem To Understand What Star Trek Is About
- TV series fans have waited 18 years for
- 'Picard' Explained: "Remembrance" Brings Revelations
- Star Trek: Why Synthetics Destroyed Mars & Are Banned In Picard
- 13 'Star Trek: Picard' Easter Eggs from the Premiere
- Tons Of Star Trek Fans Are Hating Picard So Far
- Rosalind Chao Reportedly Boards Marvel's Shang-Chi Film
- Patrick Stewart on boldly returning for Star Trek Picard
- Picard Full of Star Trek Easter Eggs and Callbacks
- Star Trek: Picard knows Star Trek is a hard sell in 2020
- "Star Trek: Picard" to debut on CBS All Access on January 23
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Jean-Luc Picard Emulates the Growth Mindset of 'Star Trek'