Star Trek: Picard prequel confirms fate of beloved Next Generation character
A new Star Trek comic has revealed just what happened to The Next Generation's Geordi La Forge.
The beloved character was a staple of the Patrick Stewart series, and with some Next Generation characters returning in Picard, many have been curious about what has happened to the old gang – even though La Forge isn't slated to appear in the new series.
Well, according to new comic Star Trek: Picard — Countdown #1 (via ComicBook), which is set two years before the destruction of Romulus (as well as several before Picard), the old chief engineer has a new job.
In the comic, Picard sends a transmission to Utopia Planitia Shipyards to call for aid, and has a conversation with the station's commanding officer, who turns out to be La Forge.
"As it has been for decades, the voice of Geordi La Forge is a balm for the soul," Picard later declares. "There is no better officer — no better engineer — that Starfleet could entrust with the task of constructing an entirely new fleet in record time."
While it's left unclear as to how he ended up in the role, the appearance is no doubt exciting for fans.
Meanwhile, a Picard producer has revealed that Stewart didn't want the new series to be a Next Generation"reunion show".
"A big concern was we did not want it to be and especially Patrick did not want it to be a TNG reunion show and I think you can tell from the trailer and what you'll definitely tell from the series, is that we only brought people back if their story really mattered to the story we were telling," Heather Kadin said.
"We didn't want to go, 'Oh, and here’s Riker!' And I don’t think the fans would appreciate that either."
Digital Spy now has a newsletter – sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox.
More on this: 12 stories
- Star Trek: Picard Prequel Gives Geordi The Respect He Deserves
- Star Trek: Picard Prequel Reveals What Happened to Two TNG Favorites
- Is Star Trek: Picard Teasing a New Enterprise?
- Star Trek: Picard Hints at New Enterprise Captain
- Star Trek Reveals Why Picard Lost Faith In The Federation
- Star Trek: Picard Prequel Teases The Enterprise's New Captain
- Star Trek: What The Next Generation Crew Are Doing When Picard Begins
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals Picard's New First Officer
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals the Mission That Leads to Picard Leaving Stafleet
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals What Happened to Geordi La Forge
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals Picard's New Starship
- Star Trek: Picard Prequel Comic Confirms The Fate Of Geordi La Forge