Quentin Tarantino offers update on his Star Trek movie
Quentin Tarantino has offered sci-fi fans an update on whether or not he's moving forward with his previously-planned Star Trek movie.
During an interview with Consequence of Sound, the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood director doubled down on his plan to bow out of the filmmaking business once he's made his tenth movie.
When asked whether his take on the iconic Gene Roddenberry series will factor into that, Tarantino revealed that he's "steering away" from the project.
"I haven't had an official conversation with those guys yet," the 56-year-old explained. "In a strange way, it seems like Hollywood would be my last. So, I've kind of taken the pressure off myself to make that last big voilà kind of statement.
"I mean to such a degree there was a moment when I was writing and went, 'Should I do this now? Should I do something else? Is this the 10th one?' No, no don't stop the planets from aligning, what are you, Galactus?
"If the Earth is saying do it, do it. Not that it was an argument, but a little thought, like, 'Well, if I'm gonna go out like Max Ophüls style, Lola Montez, this is it, and if it's not good, then all my other work is trash, alright'.
"This would have been the one. But in a weird way, it actually kind of freed me up. I mean, I have no idea what the story of the next one's going to be. I don't even have a clue."
Digital Spy now has a newsletter – sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox.
More on this: 26 stories
- Quentin Tarantino Says He Probably Won't Direct a Star Trek Movie
- Quentin Tarantino doesn't think he'll direct Star Trek but open to consulting
- Star Trek: Tarantino May Be Involved in Film, But Probably Won't Direct
- Quentin Tarantino Is Probably Not Directing a Star Trek Movie After All
- Tarantino Probably Isn't Giving Us A New 'Star Trek' Movie
- 5 Reasons Why We Want To See Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie (& 5 Why We Don't)
- Star Trek 4: Simon Pegg Doesn't Think His Cast Is Part of Noah Hawley's Movie
- Star Trek Spinoff Movies Have Been Discussed, According to Simon Pegg
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek is Still Possible, Says Simon Pegg
- Simon Pegg Says Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Could Still Happen
- Quentin Tarantino is "steering away" from his planned Star Trek movie
- Quentin Tarantino Might Drop Star Trek and ... Yes Please?
- Quentin Tarantino says he's 'steering away' from 'Star Trek' movie
- Is there going to be a Quentin Tarantino 'Star Trek' movie?
- Star Trek: Is Quentin Tarantino Backing Out Of Directing The R-Rated Film?
- Tarantino Is Steering Away from Star Trek, Hasn't Had an Official Conversation Yet
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Is Probably No Longer Happening
- Quentin Tarantino Considering Dropping Out of Star Trek Movie
- Time To Stop Holding Your Breath For Quentin Tarantino's STAR TREK
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Might Not Happen After All
- Quentin Tarantino Says He's 'Steering Away' From His 'Star Trek' Movie
- Quentin Tarantino Backs Away From His 'Star Trek' Movie
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Probably Isn't Happening
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Star Trek' Film Probably Isn't Going To Happen
- Two New Star Trek Movies in the Works, ViacomCBS CEO Confirms