Quentin Tarantino Says He’s ‘Steering Away’ From His ‘Star Trek’ Movie
As recently as just a few months ago, Quentin Tarantino continued to insist that he was going to make a Star Trekmovie, even though he’s also insisted that he was going to make just ten movies before he retires, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was the ninth. He even called it “Pulp Fiction in space!” He sounded very serious about it.
But apparently in the last few months, something has changed. In a new interview with Consequence of Sound, Tarantino now sounds a lot less interested in the project. If you had to bet, you’d have to guess, based on these comments, that the whole thing is not going to come together. Here’s what he said:
Tarantino says that because Hollywood was such an epic film, and because it worked so well as a kind of “climax” for his career (his words), he wants to instead make something smaller for his final movie. He compared this movie — which he doesn’t have an idea for yet — to “the epilogue” or “author’s note” of a book.
He did say that he might still come up with a “really big idea” and change his mind. Maybe that big idea will be Star Trek related. For now, though, you’re gonna have to hope that recently announced Star Trek 4directed by Noah Hawley comes together instead.
Gallery — Every Quentin Tarantino Movie, Ranked From Worst to Best:
More on this: 26 stories
- Quentin Tarantino Says He Probably Won't Direct a Star Trek Movie
- Quentin Tarantino doesn't think he'll direct Star Trek but open to consulting
- Star Trek: Tarantino May Be Involved in Film, But Probably Won't Direct
- Quentin Tarantino Is Probably Not Directing a Star Trek Movie After All
- Tarantino Probably Isn't Giving Us A New 'Star Trek' Movie
- 5 Reasons Why We Want To See Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie (& 5 Why We Don't)
- Star Trek 4: Simon Pegg Doesn't Think His Cast Is Part of Noah Hawley's Movie
- Star Trek Spinoff Movies Have Been Discussed, According to Simon Pegg
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek is Still Possible, Says Simon Pegg
- Simon Pegg Says Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Could Still Happen
- Quentin Tarantino is "steering away" from his planned Star Trek movie
- Quentin Tarantino Might Drop Star Trek and ... Yes Please?
- Quentin Tarantino says he's 'steering away' from 'Star Trek' movie
- Is there going to be a Quentin Tarantino 'Star Trek' movie?
- Star Trek: Is Quentin Tarantino Backing Out Of Directing The R-Rated Film?
- Quentin Tarantino offers update on his Star Trek movie
- Tarantino Is Steering Away from Star Trek, Hasn't Had an Official Conversation Yet
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Is Probably No Longer Happening
- Quentin Tarantino Considering Dropping Out of Star Trek Movie
- Time To Stop Holding Your Breath For Quentin Tarantino's STAR TREK
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Might Not Happen After All
- Quentin Tarantino Backs Away From His 'Star Trek' Movie
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Probably Isn't Happening
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Star Trek' Film Probably Isn't Going To Happen
- Two New Star Trek Movies in the Works, ViacomCBS CEO Confirms