Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Might Not Happen After All
Fans of director Quentin Tarantino know he's been threatening to retire for years, saying his 10th movie would be his final project. This year's Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood was the ninth, but it seems as though his planned R-rated Star Trek film might not be number 10.
"I think I’m steering away from Star Trek, but I haven’t had an official conversation with those guys yet," Tarantino told Consequence of Sound. "In a strange way, it seems like this movie, Hollywood, would be my last."
He went on to say that he wouldn't rule anything out and was willing to let destiny sort it out for him. "If the Earth is saying do it, do it," he said. "Not that it was an argument, but a little thought, like, 'Well, if I’m gonna go out like Max Ophüls style, Lola Montez, this is it, and if It’s not good, then all my other work is trash, alright.'"Click the button below to start this article in quick view. Start now
Comparing himself to the German director Ophuls, whose last films in his long career were, arguably, his best, suggests Tarantino might have some more projects up his sleeve. He hinted at as much, saying, "I mean, I have no idea what the story of the next one’s going to be. I don’t even have a clue."
Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood is one of Tarantino's most successful films, grossing nearly $372 million worldwide and garnering quite a few award nominations. That said, if he does decide to make Hollywood his last film, he would decidedly go out on top.
Written, directed and produced by Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood stars Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Margot Robbie, Bruce Dern, Al Pacino, Tim Roth, Zoe Bell, Michael Madsen, Timothy Olyphant, Damian Lewis, Luke Perry, Emile Hirsch and Dakota Fanning.
More on this: 723 stories
- Trump unveils new Space Force logo (yes, it looks like something from 'Star Trek')
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Trump's Space Force Logo Looks a Lot Like the Star Trek Insignia
- Patrick Stewart invites Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her TNG Guinan role on season 2 of 'Star Trek: Picard'!
- "Star Trek: Picard": How Mars Attack Connects to 2009 Film [VIDEO]
- Star Trek fans mock Donald Trump after he unveils new Space Force logo
- Trump presents new Star Trek-style logo for Space Force
- Star Trek: Why Picard Quit Starfleet Explained
- The logo for Donald Trump's US Space Force looks like the Star Trek badge
- Trump Unveils Logo For New United States Space Force
- Star Trek: Trump unveils new Space Force logo nearly identical to Starfleet Command
- Donald Trump's Space Force Logo a Star Trek Knockoff?
- U.S. Space Force logo prompts comparisons to 'Star Trek'
- US Space Force logo may look like a Star Trek rip-off, but only if you miss the obvious 'RUSSIAN connection'
- Trump unveils logo for Starfleet ... er, Space Force ... and Trekkers take to Twitter
- Star Trek's George Takei Asks For Royalties From Donald Trump's Space Force Logo
- Trump unveils Space Force logo, draws Star Trek comparisons
- Is Trump's Space Force Logo a Ripoff of Starfleet's From 'Star Trek'?
- Star Trek legend George Takei demands royalties after seeing US Space Force logo
- Trump tweets new Space Force logo. 'Star Trek' fans think it looks familiar.
- Trump's new Space Force logo looks awfully familiar to Star Trek fans
- Patrick Stewart Reveals First Contact is Favorite Star Trek Movie
- Constable Odo Returns in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Comic Book
- All Star Trek: Picard's Easter eggs and hidden references in episode one
- U.S. Space Force Logo Looks A LOT Like Star Trek's Starfleet Logo