Star Trek: Discovery Star Says Season 3 Is Stunning And Incredible
While most of the Star Trek fandom is currently focused on the January premiere of Picard, buzz is steadily building for Star Trek: Discovery‘s third season. The CBS All Access series has its detractors, but in my opinion has created a compelling story within the Star Trek universe that is both faithful to the franchise and able to make bold creative choices. And Sonequa Martin-Green, who plays Cmdr. Michael Burnham on the show, has now revealed that season 3 could be coming a lot sooner than we expected.
For a while, it seemed like late 2020 was the likely release window for Discovery‘s third year, but it now seems that we’ll be getting new episodes in the early-to-midpoint of the year. Speaking to Radio Times about the show, Martin-Green had this to say:
As well as dropping news about when the series will be back, Martin-Green also spoke to how proud she is of the show’s ambition, which has included a jump forward to the far future of the universe:
From what we already know about season 3 of Star Trek: Discovery, there’ll be an exploration of the 32nd century, including the fate of the Federation. Given recent comments about the direction of the series, it also appears that the showrunners will continue to focus on women of color, as well as on developing non-binary figures. In addition, we could be seeing a future crossover with Star Trek: Picard, with the time jump at the end of season 2 apparently not ruling out interactions between the USS Discovery crew and earlier eras in the franchise.
Martin-Green’s comments have certainly built our excitement for Star Trek: Discovery‘s return, and particularly now that the series may be back with us a lot earlier than predicted. What are you most looking forward to, though, about season 3 of the show? As always, let us know in the comments section down below.
Source: Radio Times
More on this: 723 stories
- Trump unveils new Space Force logo (yes, it looks like something from 'Star Trek')
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Trump's Space Force Logo Looks a Lot Like the Star Trek Insignia
- Patrick Stewart invites Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her TNG Guinan role on season 2 of 'Star Trek: Picard'!
- "Star Trek: Picard": How Mars Attack Connects to 2009 Film [VIDEO]
- Star Trek fans mock Donald Trump after he unveils new Space Force logo
- Trump presents new Star Trek-style logo for Space Force
- Star Trek: Why Picard Quit Starfleet Explained
- The logo for Donald Trump's US Space Force looks like the Star Trek badge
- Trump Unveils Logo For New United States Space Force
- Star Trek: Trump unveils new Space Force logo nearly identical to Starfleet Command
- Donald Trump's Space Force Logo a Star Trek Knockoff?
- U.S. Space Force logo prompts comparisons to 'Star Trek'
- US Space Force logo may look like a Star Trek rip-off, but only if you miss the obvious 'RUSSIAN connection'
- Trump unveils logo for Starfleet ... er, Space Force ... and Trekkers take to Twitter
- Star Trek's George Takei Asks For Royalties From Donald Trump's Space Force Logo
- Trump unveils Space Force logo, draws Star Trek comparisons
- Is Trump's Space Force Logo a Ripoff of Starfleet's From 'Star Trek'?
- Star Trek legend George Takei demands royalties after seeing US Space Force logo
- Trump tweets new Space Force logo. 'Star Trek' fans think it looks familiar.
- Trump's new Space Force logo looks awfully familiar to Star Trek fans
- Patrick Stewart Reveals First Contact is Favorite Star Trek Movie
- Constable Odo Returns in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Comic Book
- All Star Trek: Picard's Easter eggs and hidden references in episode one
- U.S. Space Force Logo Looks A LOT Like Star Trek's Starfleet Logo