“Star Trek: Picard” Renewed Ahead Of Launch
While there’s a lot of interest surrounding the upcoming “Star Trek: Picard” series, it’s still surprising news to hear today that the CBS All Access and Amazon Prime series has been given the green light for a second season – the news breaking a full month out from the series premiere.
CBS has declined to comment on a second season so far, but official word has come today that a ten-episode second season order for the show has just been allocated a very sweet $20.4 million in tax incentives by the California Film Commission.
That’s the most any TV project has ever been awarded in the program since its expansion in 2014, and more than the $15.6 million the first season was awarded. It’s expected a second season could begin production as early as the Spring.
This is combined with the news last week that current showrunner Michael Chabon will shift roles in the second season as he splits his energy with the TV series adaptation of his famed literary masterpiece “The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay”.
The first season of ‘Picard’ will premiere on CBS All Access in the United States in weekly installments starting January 23rd, followed by an Amazon Prime Video debut in the rest of the world on January 24th. Santiago Cabrera, Michelle Hurd, Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway, Evan Evagora, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner and Jeri Ryan co-star.
More on this: 723 stories
- Trump unveils new Space Force logo (yes, it looks like something from 'Star Trek')
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Trump's Space Force Logo Looks a Lot Like the Star Trek Insignia
- Patrick Stewart invites Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her TNG Guinan role on season 2 of 'Star Trek: Picard'!
- "Star Trek: Picard": How Mars Attack Connects to 2009 Film [VIDEO]
- Star Trek fans mock Donald Trump after he unveils new Space Force logo
- Trump presents new Star Trek-style logo for Space Force
- Star Trek: Why Picard Quit Starfleet Explained
- The logo for Donald Trump's US Space Force looks like the Star Trek badge
- Trump Unveils Logo For New United States Space Force
- Star Trek: Trump unveils new Space Force logo nearly identical to Starfleet Command
- Donald Trump's Space Force Logo a Star Trek Knockoff?
- U.S. Space Force logo prompts comparisons to 'Star Trek'
- US Space Force logo may look like a Star Trek rip-off, but only if you miss the obvious 'RUSSIAN connection'
- Trump unveils logo for Starfleet ... er, Space Force ... and Trekkers take to Twitter
- Star Trek's George Takei Asks For Royalties From Donald Trump's Space Force Logo
- Trump unveils Space Force logo, draws Star Trek comparisons
- Is Trump's Space Force Logo a Ripoff of Starfleet's From 'Star Trek'?
- Star Trek legend George Takei demands royalties after seeing US Space Force logo
- Trump tweets new Space Force logo. 'Star Trek' fans think it looks familiar.
- Trump's new Space Force logo looks awfully familiar to Star Trek fans
- Patrick Stewart Reveals First Contact is Favorite Star Trek Movie
- Constable Odo Returns in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Comic Book
- All Star Trek: Picard's Easter eggs and hidden references in episode one
- U.S. Space Force Logo Looks A LOT Like Star Trek's Starfleet Logo