“Star Trek: Picard” Season 2? CBS All Access Says, “Make It So”
Picard, arguably the most anticipated Star Trekseries, has received a second season order in advance of its premiere next month on CBS All Access. The series’ second season will reportedly be 10-episodes, similar to its initial run. As a sequel series to Star Trek: The Next Generation (TNG), Patrick Stewart reprises his role as Jean-Luc Picard – with the series part of the Alex Kurtzman-run Trek universe.
The second season of Star Trek: Picard is expected to drop in late 2020 or early 2021. Production could commence as early as spring 2020.
Tax Incentives and Cast Update
California granted Star Trek: Picard over $20.4 million in tax incentives compared to its first season at $15.6 million. CBS declined to comment on the status of Stewart’s castmates Santiago Cabrera, Michelle Hurd, Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway, and Evan Evagora on their return.
The streaming network announced Michael Chabon continues his showrunner duties next season. As far as the hype goes, recruiting former Trek alum helped. The first season already revealed upcoming appearances from TNG alum Jonathan Frakes, Marina Sirtis, and Brent Spiner. Another surprise is the addition of Star Trek: Voyager’s Jeri Ryan. All set to reprise their roles as Riker, Troi, Data, and Seven of Nine, respectively.
Star Trek: Picard follows the former admiral of Starfleet trying to come to grips with retirement. Coping with the loss of Data (Spiner) and hopelessness following the evacuation of Romulus, a mysterious woman approaches him needing help. With possible ties to the Borg, the one-time captain of the Enterprise finds a renewed purpose. Picard scrounges what help he can get after Starfleet turns down his request for assistance.
Star Trek: Picard premieres on CBS All Access January 23.
About Tom Chang
I'm a gamer, sci-fi and fantasy fan. film and TV snob. I love to write and read the classics. Anything you want to talk about, I'm here to entertain or at least pretend to be interested.
More on this: 733 stories
- "Star Trek: Picard" Season 1 "Maps and Legends" Preview: Picard Journey
- Jeri Ryan brings Borg back to 'Star Trek Online' as well as 'Picard'
- Star Trek: Jeri Ryan Talks Voyager Reunion Potential After Picard
- Downton Abbey star wants it to be a "Star Trek franchise"
- Star Trek: Picard's Stewart Explains Why the New Number One Is a Pit Bull
- Star Trek: Picard's Anger At Starfleet Means More Than You Think
- Star Trek: Why Jean-Luc Kept His Picard Day Banner
- 9 Strange Star Trek Crossovers That You Won't Believe Really Happened (& 1 That Almost Did)
- Star Trek: Picard Helps CBS All Access Break Streaming Records
- Star Trek: Picard: Season 1
- Star Trek: Picard's Chateau Has a Tragic History
- Star Trek: Picard Finally Shows TNG's Daystrom Institute
- Star Trek: Picard's Patrick Stewart Reveals Story Behind Jean-Luc's New Number One
- Star Trek: Picard Introduces Mystery of Killer Synthetics Gone Rogue
- Star Trek Fans Want Paramount To Sue Space Force Over Similar Logo
- Star Trek: Picard Is Already Breaking Records For CBS All Access
- The Future of 'Star Trek' and Why the 'Doors Are Just Opening' for a Film-TV Crossover
- Star Trek: Picard star Isa Briones was kept in the dark about episode 1's major plot twist
- Star Trek: Picard Properly Explains The Kelvin Timeline's Origin
- Star Trek: Picard - Bruce Maddox & the Daystrom Institute, Explained
- 10 Dangling Subplots From Star Trek: TNG That Picard Could Finally Wrap Up
- Explaining Star Trek: Picard episode one
- Star Trek: IMDb Spoiled Picard's Big Twist
- Donald Trump's US Space Force logo is spookily similar to Starfleet Command's
- Star Trek: Picard: Isa Briones wasn't told Dahj twist till last minute