Time To Stop Holding Your Breath For Quentin Tarantino’s STAR TREK
In a new interview with Consequence of Sound, Quentin Tarantino says he's "steering away" from his proposed R-rated Star Trek movie, and that his tenth (and, allegedly, final) film will likely be something smaller. We've been skeptical but hopeful about the idea of a QT Star Trek from the moment the idea got announced, but it sounds like it's finally time to stop holding our breath.
Adding that he's had no recent conversations with Paramount about the project (which has been gestating for the past few years, with a script written by The Revenant's Mark L. Smith), Tarantino also says that this year's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood may ultimately function as his last big cinematic statement, and that he's got no idea what the follow-up might entail:
This is, as we mentioned up top, not the biggest shock in the world. Tarantino making a big franchise movie his 10th and final film always seemed questionable, and even moreso given that he didn't write the script himself (worth noting: according to previous reports, Smith's script was based on an idea pitched by Tarantino himself). Furthermore, with every other iron Tarantino currently has in the fire (which includes a limited TV series, a novel, and a play), it's also easy to imagine the timeline on this project being a concern for Paramount.
In any event, until we hear otherwise, we're going to operate on the assumption that the Quentin Tarantino Star Trek project is no longer moving forward. In the meantime: anyone got a copy of Smith's script? We've heard some very intriguing rumblings re: the plot of that script, but sure would like to confirm those rumblings before sharing with the crowd.
More on this: 26 stories
- Quentin Tarantino Says He Probably Won't Direct a Star Trek Movie
- Quentin Tarantino doesn't think he'll direct Star Trek but open to consulting
- Star Trek: Tarantino May Be Involved in Film, But Probably Won't Direct
- Quentin Tarantino Is Probably Not Directing a Star Trek Movie After All
- Tarantino Probably Isn't Giving Us A New 'Star Trek' Movie
- 5 Reasons Why We Want To See Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie (& 5 Why We Don't)
- Star Trek 4: Simon Pegg Doesn't Think His Cast Is Part of Noah Hawley's Movie
- Star Trek Spinoff Movies Have Been Discussed, According to Simon Pegg
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek is Still Possible, Says Simon Pegg
- Simon Pegg Says Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Could Still Happen
- Quentin Tarantino is "steering away" from his planned Star Trek movie
- Quentin Tarantino Might Drop Star Trek and ... Yes Please?
- Quentin Tarantino says he's 'steering away' from 'Star Trek' movie
- Is there going to be a Quentin Tarantino 'Star Trek' movie?
- Star Trek: Is Quentin Tarantino Backing Out Of Directing The R-Rated Film?
- Quentin Tarantino offers update on his Star Trek movie
- Tarantino Is Steering Away from Star Trek, Hasn't Had an Official Conversation Yet
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Is Probably No Longer Happening
- Quentin Tarantino Considering Dropping Out of Star Trek Movie
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Might Not Happen After All
- Quentin Tarantino Says He's 'Steering Away' From His 'Star Trek' Movie
- Quentin Tarantino Backs Away From His 'Star Trek' Movie
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Probably Isn't Happening
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Star Trek' Film Probably Isn't Going To Happen
- Two New Star Trek Movies in the Works, ViacomCBS CEO Confirms