Star Trek: Is Quentin Tarantino Backing Out Of Directing The R-Rated Film?
I had personally thought it was strange for filmmaker Quentin Tarantino to take on a Star Trek film. The mind behind such films like Django Unchained, Inglorious Bastards and Pulp Fiction was going to turn his attention to the USS Enterprise? Well that was the case as he was working with JJ Abrams and Mark L. Smith on an R-rated script for the next Star Trek film. But it looks like he may be rethinking that decision.
During the last few days there have been comments on that Tarantino could be stepping away directing the R-rated version of Star Trek. During an interview with Deadline, the topic of this rumor came up. “I might be steering away from it, but we’ll see,” he said. “I haven’t completely decided, or talked to anyone involved. Nothing is official.”
This project came about due to Tarantino’s love for the original series. Particularly the character James T. Kirk that was created by William Shatner for executive producer and creator Gene Rodddenberry. Although this would be a bummer for Star Trek fans, a well developed scrip has been turned in to the studios by Smith. So if Tarantino decides not to direct, it could be a nice present for another filmmaker.
It looks like the studios had been waiting for Tarantino to finish his award season promotion for his film Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood. But now the question stands, does Tarantino still want to direct the project? In the meantime, Noah Hawley has also been brought in to develop and direct another Star Trek film.
Would you be bummed if Tarantino decided not to direct the R-rated Star Trek film? Who would be you replacement if not him? Let us know in the comment section below!
Don’t forget to share this post on your Facebook wall and with your Twitter followers! Just hit the buttons on the top of this page.
More on this: 26 stories
- Quentin Tarantino Says He Probably Won't Direct a Star Trek Movie
- Quentin Tarantino doesn't think he'll direct Star Trek but open to consulting
- Star Trek: Tarantino May Be Involved in Film, But Probably Won't Direct
- Quentin Tarantino Is Probably Not Directing a Star Trek Movie After All
- Tarantino Probably Isn't Giving Us A New 'Star Trek' Movie
- 5 Reasons Why We Want To See Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie (& 5 Why We Don't)
- Star Trek 4: Simon Pegg Doesn't Think His Cast Is Part of Noah Hawley's Movie
- Star Trek Spinoff Movies Have Been Discussed, According to Simon Pegg
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek is Still Possible, Says Simon Pegg
- Simon Pegg Says Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Could Still Happen
- Quentin Tarantino is "steering away" from his planned Star Trek movie
- Quentin Tarantino Might Drop Star Trek and ... Yes Please?
- Quentin Tarantino says he's 'steering away' from 'Star Trek' movie
- Is there going to be a Quentin Tarantino 'Star Trek' movie?
- Quentin Tarantino offers update on his Star Trek movie
- Tarantino Is Steering Away from Star Trek, Hasn't Had an Official Conversation Yet
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Is Probably No Longer Happening
- Quentin Tarantino Considering Dropping Out of Star Trek Movie
- Time To Stop Holding Your Breath For Quentin Tarantino's STAR TREK
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Might Not Happen After All
- Quentin Tarantino Says He's 'Steering Away' From His 'Star Trek' Movie
- Quentin Tarantino Backs Away From His 'Star Trek' Movie
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Probably Isn't Happening
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Star Trek' Film Probably Isn't Going To Happen
- Two New Star Trek Movies in the Works, ViacomCBS CEO Confirms