New Star Trek: Picard Teaser Trailer Reveals New Footage
We're almost exactly one month away from the debut of Star Trek: Picard, the new series that will air exclusivly on CBS All Access, and to mark the occasion a new teaser trailer has arrived online. Though the 30 second spot goes by quickly, there are some new pieces of footage to be found including a first look at Picard in Ten-Forward, the bar on the Enterprise-D from the original series, while flashes of a Borg appear in what could be a vision or flashback. In addition, another moment appears to show someone using the Vulcan mind meld on Alison Pill's new character, Dr. Agnes Jurati. Watch the spot in the player above for yourself!
Star Trek: Picard continues the story of Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek: The Next Generation, but producer Alex Kurtzman has said that the series is a different experience than the series that first introduced the world to Patrick Stewart's character all those years ago.
“You know, we feel a tremendous responsibility to the fans who have loved [the Picard character], and Patrick himself, who took a massive leap of faith with us in choosing to come back and play Picard [after] he said he was done forever,” Kurtzman said. “He also said, ‘I want to make sure if I come back, if you loved TNG, you’ll feel we’re honoring it, but this is a very different experience.’ This is really a very different experience. It looks incredibly different, the kind of storytelling is different, but if you’re someone who’s never watched it at all, it’s been built for you to come into it and get to be dropped into this very emotional story about this captain who’s in the late stage of his life and is dealing with the sum total of all his choices.
“It also has an incredible new crew — incredible, to a person, they’re all so wonderful. And we have now started showing it to the studio, and they’re thrilled with it, so that gave us a lot more confidence that we’ve hit the mark. We’ve now watched five episodes with Patrick and he’s thrilled with it too. Because he was so happy with it, it makes us feel like it honored what we promised.”
What are you hoping to see in Star Trek: Picard and what do you think of the new footage? Let us know in the comments.
Star Trek: Picard debuts January 23rd on CBS All Access.
ComicBook.com is owned and operated by ViacomCBS.
More on this: 723 stories
- Trump unveils new Space Force logo (yes, it looks like something from 'Star Trek')
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Trump's Space Force Logo Looks a Lot Like the Star Trek Insignia
- Patrick Stewart invites Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her TNG Guinan role on season 2 of 'Star Trek: Picard'!
- "Star Trek: Picard": How Mars Attack Connects to 2009 Film [VIDEO]
- Star Trek fans mock Donald Trump after he unveils new Space Force logo
- Trump presents new Star Trek-style logo for Space Force
- Star Trek: Why Picard Quit Starfleet Explained
- The logo for Donald Trump's US Space Force looks like the Star Trek badge
- Trump Unveils Logo For New United States Space Force
- Star Trek: Trump unveils new Space Force logo nearly identical to Starfleet Command
- Donald Trump's Space Force Logo a Star Trek Knockoff?
- U.S. Space Force logo prompts comparisons to 'Star Trek'
- US Space Force logo may look like a Star Trek rip-off, but only if you miss the obvious 'RUSSIAN connection'
- Trump unveils logo for Starfleet ... er, Space Force ... and Trekkers take to Twitter
- Star Trek's George Takei Asks For Royalties From Donald Trump's Space Force Logo
- Trump unveils Space Force logo, draws Star Trek comparisons
- Is Trump's Space Force Logo a Ripoff of Starfleet's From 'Star Trek'?
- Star Trek legend George Takei demands royalties after seeing US Space Force logo
- Trump tweets new Space Force logo. 'Star Trek' fans think it looks familiar.
- Trump's new Space Force logo looks awfully familiar to Star Trek fans
- Patrick Stewart Reveals First Contact is Favorite Star Trek Movie
- Constable Odo Returns in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Comic Book
- All Star Trek: Picard's Easter eggs and hidden references in episode one
- U.S. Space Force Logo Looks A LOT Like Star Trek's Starfleet Logo