First look at return of classic Star Trek character in Picard
Multiple Star Trek characters will be making their return in the upcoming streaming series Picard, not least of all the former starship captain himself.
Now CBS All Access has revealed a first look at another returning character, one that looks VERY different to how he originally appeared in The Next Generation. So say hello to the new Hugh (via TV Line).
Believe it or not, Hugh is still being played by actor Jonathan Del Arco, only this time we get to see a lot more of the actor.
Previously, he had the chalk white skin and was covered in heavy black machinery and pipes, but now he looks almost human. There are a few giveaways, however. There's a faint but noticeable line across the left hand side of his face, and he has different coloured eyes and metallic parts on that side.
In The Next Generation, Hugh was a Borg who broke away from the hive mind and started to explore his individuality, becoming an ally to Picard and his crew. His new, mostly human look is the perfection continuation of his character, plus he looks like Seven of Nine, which is always fun.
Speaking of Seven, she is back too, and Jeri Ryan has been working very hard to find a new angle and voice for the iconic character.
Digital Spy now has a newsletter – sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox.
More on this: 723 stories
- Trump unveils new Space Force logo (yes, it looks like something from 'Star Trek')
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Trump's Space Force Logo Looks a Lot Like the Star Trek Insignia
- Patrick Stewart invites Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her TNG Guinan role on season 2 of 'Star Trek: Picard'!
- "Star Trek: Picard": How Mars Attack Connects to 2009 Film [VIDEO]
- Star Trek fans mock Donald Trump after he unveils new Space Force logo
- Trump presents new Star Trek-style logo for Space Force
- Star Trek: Why Picard Quit Starfleet Explained
- The logo for Donald Trump's US Space Force looks like the Star Trek badge
- Trump Unveils Logo For New United States Space Force
- Star Trek: Trump unveils new Space Force logo nearly identical to Starfleet Command
- Donald Trump's Space Force Logo a Star Trek Knockoff?
- U.S. Space Force logo prompts comparisons to 'Star Trek'
- US Space Force logo may look like a Star Trek rip-off, but only if you miss the obvious 'RUSSIAN connection'
- Trump unveils logo for Starfleet ... er, Space Force ... and Trekkers take to Twitter
- Star Trek's George Takei Asks For Royalties From Donald Trump's Space Force Logo
- Trump unveils Space Force logo, draws Star Trek comparisons
- Is Trump's Space Force Logo a Ripoff of Starfleet's From 'Star Trek'?
- Star Trek legend George Takei demands royalties after seeing US Space Force logo
- Trump tweets new Space Force logo. 'Star Trek' fans think it looks familiar.
- Trump's new Space Force logo looks awfully familiar to Star Trek fans
- Patrick Stewart Reveals First Contact is Favorite Star Trek Movie
- Constable Odo Returns in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Comic Book
- All Star Trek: Picard's Easter eggs and hidden references in episode one
- U.S. Space Force Logo Looks A LOT Like Star Trek's Starfleet Logo