New Star Trek: Picard Teaser Features Seven of Nine
Star Trek: Picard is now one month away from its debut. CBS All Access today released a one-month teaser that's sure to have Star Trek: The Next Generation fans and Star Trek: Voyager fans excited. The new teaser features Seven of Nine, the human-Borg played by Jeri Ryan who became part of the USS Voyager's crew midway through Star Trek: Voyager's original television run. Here she's seen looking more human than ever and toting a serious business phaser as she was in the Star Trek: Picard trailer. You can take a look at the new teaser featuring Seven of NIne for yourself in the video embedded above.
Yesterday, CBS All Access revealed the first look at another returning human-Borg character. Hugh, played again by Jonathan del Arco, is also looking more human than ever before.
Star Trek: Picard continues the story of Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek: The Next Generation, but producer Alex Kurtzman has said that this series is a different experience from the series in which Stewart originated the character.
“You know, we feel a tremendous responsibility to the fans who have loved [the Picard character], and Patrick himself, who took a massive leap of faith with us in choosing to come back and play Picard [after] he said he was done forever,” Kurtzman said. “He also said, ‘I want to make sure if I come back, if you loved TNG, you’ll feel we’re honoring it, but this is a very different experience.’ This is really a very different experience. It looks incredibly different, the kind of storytelling is different, but if you’re someone who’s never watched it at all, it’s been built for you to come into it and get to be dropped into this very emotional story about this captain who’s in the late stage of his life and is dealing with the sum total of all his choices.
“It also has an incredible new crew — incredible, to a person, they’re all so wonderful. And we have now started showing it to the studio, and they’re thrilled with it, so that gave us a lot more confidence that we’ve hit the mark. We’ve now watched five episodes with Patrick and he’s thrilled with it too. Because he was so happy with it, it makes us feel like it honored what we promised.”
Star Trek: Picard debuts January 23rd on CBS All Access.
More on this: 15 stories
- Star Trek: Picard Featurette Teases A More Complex World
- Star Trek: Picard Gives Fans a Sneak Peek at the New Number One
- Star Trek: Patrick Stewart on Picard and Next Generation
- Star Trek: Picard's Patrick Stewart Says the World of Next Generation Doesn't Exist Anymore
- Stewart: Changes In Star Trek: Picard World
- New Star Trek: Picard TV Spot Hints at Data's Fate
- Star Trek: Picard Teaser Spotlights Romulan Agent Narek
- Star Trek: Picard TV Spot Offers New Look at Data
- Star Trek: Children Of Mars Trailer Connecting To Picard Released
- Star Trek: Picard Is Not a Sequel to The Next Generation Says Producer
- Star Trek: Picard Prequel The Last Best Hope Coming in February
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals First Look at Hugh
- New Star Trek: Picard Teaser Trailer Reveals New Footage
- Star Trek: Picard Countdown Promo Shows Romulan Swordsman Elnor in Action
- Star Trek: Picard's Patrick Stewart Teases a Changed World