Simon Pegg Says Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek Movie Could Still Happen
There’s been a lot of talk over the last few weeks about whether Quentin Tarantino’s long-in-development Star Trek movie is going to be made. The director recently commented on his potential move away from the project, which could be his tenth, and reportedly final, picture, but Simon Pegg has given hope to fans wanting to see a Tarantino Star Trek movie by claiming that the director’s take on the franchise is still on the table, at least as far as he’s concerned.
In an interview with GoldDerby about Star Trek’s future, Pegg had this to say about the potential film:
Although Pegg did admit he has a habit of “talking out of my ass,” it does seem that Tarantino is still connected in some way to the franchise, even if it’s just on the level of a script or a pitch. Apparently, he sent his idea for a Trek movie to J.J. Abrams, with the pitch then going through a writers’ room at Paramount. Mark L. Smith, screenwriter of The Revenant and Overlord, drafted a screenplay that’s now pending Tarantino’s feedback.
Whether or not QT takes a closer role in this picture is hard to say, although it will almost certainly follow Noah Hawley’s Star Trek 4, which will feature the Kelvin timeline cast. Paramount recently announced that two Star Trek movies are in active development, meaning that the Tarantino take could be presented in a few years’ time. Given that there’s a finished draft of the screenplay, and the cachet of Tarantino’s name, it’s not unreasonable to assume at this point that Paramount will do something with it.
Of course, it wouldn’t be the first time the director has provided a killer story or screenplay treatment to another filmmaker, with Tarantino working on True Romance and Natural Born Killers at the beginning of his career. For now, though, we’ll be looking to QT and an official announcement from Paramount as to the future of his Star Trek movie.
More on this: 26 stories
- Quentin Tarantino Says He Probably Won't Direct a Star Trek Movie
- Quentin Tarantino doesn't think he'll direct Star Trek but open to consulting
- Star Trek: Tarantino May Be Involved in Film, But Probably Won't Direct
- Quentin Tarantino Is Probably Not Directing a Star Trek Movie After All
- Tarantino Probably Isn't Giving Us A New 'Star Trek' Movie
- 5 Reasons Why We Want To See Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie (& 5 Why We Don't)
- Star Trek 4: Simon Pegg Doesn't Think His Cast Is Part of Noah Hawley's Movie
- Star Trek Spinoff Movies Have Been Discussed, According to Simon Pegg
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek is Still Possible, Says Simon Pegg
- Quentin Tarantino is "steering away" from his planned Star Trek movie
- Quentin Tarantino Might Drop Star Trek and ... Yes Please?
- Quentin Tarantino says he's 'steering away' from 'Star Trek' movie
- Is there going to be a Quentin Tarantino 'Star Trek' movie?
- Star Trek: Is Quentin Tarantino Backing Out Of Directing The R-Rated Film?
- Quentin Tarantino offers update on his Star Trek movie
- Tarantino Is Steering Away from Star Trek, Hasn't Had an Official Conversation Yet
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Is Probably No Longer Happening
- Quentin Tarantino Considering Dropping Out of Star Trek Movie
- Time To Stop Holding Your Breath For Quentin Tarantino's STAR TREK
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Might Not Happen After All
- Quentin Tarantino Says He's 'Steering Away' From His 'Star Trek' Movie
- Quentin Tarantino Backs Away From His 'Star Trek' Movie
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Probably Isn't Happening
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Star Trek' Film Probably Isn't Going To Happen
- Two New Star Trek Movies in the Works, ViacomCBS CEO Confirms