Simon Pegg: ‘Star Trek’ Film Spin-Offs Have Been Discussed
Simon Pegg has confirmed that multiple Star Trek spin-off movies are being discussed.
Speaking to Gold Derby, Simon Pegg answered a few questions about the future of Star Trek in movie theaters. Simon Pegg noted that there are lots of options that are being explored at once, and that as far as he’s aware, Noah Hawley’s movie won’t necessarily be a traditional Star Trek 4:
You can hear Simon Pegg talk about the future of the franchise on film below:
Currently, much of Star Trek‘s presence will be on CBS All Access. The first series developed for the platform, Star Trek: Discovery, put the nascent streaming service on the map, having two seasons completed and a third in the pipeline. Next month will see the debut of Star Trek: Picard, which features the return of Patrick Stewart as the character he made famous in Star Trek: The Next Generation, which has already been renewed for a second season. Also moving forward is the animated comedy series Star Trek: Lower Decks, which focuses on the wacky exploits of a lesser-known Starfleet crew who are stuck with the menial work of keeping a ship running while it explores the universe.Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Film Probably Isn’t Going To Happen
Star Trek 4 is currently in development at Paramount Pictures. The movie will be directed by Noah Hawley and is expected to star Chris Pine, alongside the returning cast of the previous films.
Source: Gold Derby
More on this: 723 stories
- Trump unveils new Space Force logo (yes, it looks like something from 'Star Trek')
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Trump's Space Force Logo Looks a Lot Like the Star Trek Insignia
- Patrick Stewart invites Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her TNG Guinan role on season 2 of 'Star Trek: Picard'!
- "Star Trek: Picard": How Mars Attack Connects to 2009 Film [VIDEO]
- Star Trek fans mock Donald Trump after he unveils new Space Force logo
- Trump presents new Star Trek-style logo for Space Force
- Star Trek: Why Picard Quit Starfleet Explained
- The logo for Donald Trump's US Space Force looks like the Star Trek badge
- Trump Unveils Logo For New United States Space Force
- Star Trek: Trump unveils new Space Force logo nearly identical to Starfleet Command
- Donald Trump's Space Force Logo a Star Trek Knockoff?
- U.S. Space Force logo prompts comparisons to 'Star Trek'
- US Space Force logo may look like a Star Trek rip-off, but only if you miss the obvious 'RUSSIAN connection'
- Trump unveils logo for Starfleet ... er, Space Force ... and Trekkers take to Twitter
- Star Trek's George Takei Asks For Royalties From Donald Trump's Space Force Logo
- Trump unveils Space Force logo, draws Star Trek comparisons
- Is Trump's Space Force Logo a Ripoff of Starfleet's From 'Star Trek'?
- Star Trek legend George Takei demands royalties after seeing US Space Force logo
- Trump tweets new Space Force logo. 'Star Trek' fans think it looks familiar.
- Trump's new Space Force logo looks awfully familiar to Star Trek fans
- Patrick Stewart Reveals First Contact is Favorite Star Trek Movie
- Constable Odo Returns in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Comic Book
- All Star Trek: Picard's Easter eggs and hidden references in episode one
- U.S. Space Force Logo Looks A LOT Like Star Trek's Starfleet Logo