Star Trek: Picard EPs Discuss the Show's First Major Cliffhanger
WARNING: The following contains spoilers for "Remembrance," the series premiere ofStar Trek: Picard, streaming now on CBS All Access.
The final scene of Star Trek: Picard's series premiere introduced Soji, the twin sister of apparent android Dahj, who was working for the Romulan Reclamation Project in a remote location as a medical doctor. As Soji met a Romulan man named Narek, it was revealed the two were on a Borg Cube, the ominous spacecraft of the fearsome Borg.
Executive producer Akiva Goldsman has confirmed the setting in the final scene is, indeed, both a Borg Cube and Romulan facility, but "in a way that is probably not the way you’re thinking."Click the button below to start this article in quick view. Start now
"The Romulans and the Borg are dripping with history in relation to Jean-Luc Picard, so not coincidentally, they exist in our season," Goldman told TVLine.
The executive producers see the season divided into three acts, each lasting approximately three episodes. However, executive producer Heather Kadin revealed the final scene of the premiere was intended to be an intriguing hook to keep audiences returning for more.
"[It's] a weird place to leave after the first episode,” Kadin said. "But hopefully, it makes people go, ‘Wait, what’s going on?’ And then they have to keep watching."
Star Trek: Picard stars Patrick Stewart, Alison Pill, Michelle Hurd, Evan Evagora, Isa Briones, Santiago Cabrera and Harry Treadaway. New episodes premiere every Thursday on CBS All Access.
More on this: 836 stories
- Star Trek Author Dayton Ward Reveals the Secrets of Kirk Fu
- Star Trek Writer Comments on the Future of the Relaunch Timeline
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Says Picard Scene Would Never Have Happened Under Gene Roddenberry
- Frakes' Favorite Star Trek: Picard Scene
- Picard: Frakes Says Star Trek Creator Would Have Hated His Episode
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Wraps Filming
- Star Trek: Picard Gets Star Trek's Economics Wrong
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 5
- Star Trek: Yesterday's Enterprise Almost Had a Much Darker Ending
- Star Trek: Picard Almost Didn't Bring Back Jonathan Frakes as Will Riker
- Star Trek: Picard's Riker Appearance Breaks a Star Trek Actor Record
- Star Trek: Picard's New Doctor Is Already More Important Than You Think
- Star Trek 4 Director Reportedly Doesn't Want Original Cast To Return
- Star Trek: Seven of Nine's Tragic Picard Story Deserves Its Own Spinoff
- New Star Trek Movie, Two More TV Shows Confirmed In Development
- Star Trek: Picard Subtly Reused Voyager's Theme Tune Perfectly
- Star Trek: Picard Confirms DS9's [SPOILER] Is On Freecloud
- The 'Picard' Scene 'Star Trek' Creator Gene Roddenberry Would Hate
- Soul of Star Trek: Star Trek's End?
- One New Star Trek Movie And Two TV Shows Confirmed To Be In Development
- Star Trek: Picard Kills Off a Pivotal Franchise Character
- Enterprise BARELY edges Voyager as most underappreciated show
- Star Trek Finally Confirms A Major Character's LGBTQ Status
- Star Trek: Picard Gives Raffi A Tragic Backstory
- "Star Trek: Picard" Season 1 "Stardust City Rag" [Review]: Powerful Turn