Star Trek: Picard’s Isa Briones’ didn’t know Dahj’s massive plot twist until last minute
***Warning: Major Star Trek: Picard Spoilers Ahead***
Star Trek: Picard threw us straight into the action from the first episode on by setting us up with Dahj (Isa Briones) and her mission to find the retired former Starfleet captain, Jean-Luc Picard.
But no sooner had she found him, and he revealed to the young woman her heritage as his best friend Data’s daughter, things went from bad to worse when she was caught by those chasing her, and brutally killed.
Like, fully exploded into pieces so there’s no way she’s coming back, dead.
It was a major plot twist that no one saw coming – not even actress Isa Briones herself, who has revealed that she was even sold and auditioned for Dahj, not knowing she would actually then become Soji, Dahj’s twins who could be in mortal danger.
Speaking to Metro.co.uk, she said: ‘I didn’t find out that I was going to be playing multiple characters until my final callback, because someone let it slip.
‘They’re like “Yeah, so the story is gonna be about you and like your twin” and I was like, what?’
‘I want double the pay, two meals a day and two trailers!,’ she laughed. ‘One for me and for my big personality.’
While that’s definitely a bit of a thrill for her as viewer of the show, as an actress she suddenly had to think fast on her feet to get into the headset of someone entirely new.
Isa explained: ‘I kind of last minute had to figure out that dynamic and sorry, this is how the two of them are different how they’re the same, but as you can see, you’re not really going to see them together.
‘So that makes it a little difficult to be like, “Oh, this is how I would play this part in this, she would play this part”. It’s really just like, time to start a new character.’
So what’s it been like keeping this major secret from everyone?
‘It’s been driving me crazy! Because no one knows who actually that is that they’re watching in that trailer,’ she laughed.
‘But I’m so excited I finally get to talk about it.’
Star Trek: Picard continues Friday on Amazon Prime Video in the UK.
Got a showbiz story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page - we'd love to hear from you.Home › Entertainment › TV
More on this: 838 stories
- 'Star Trek: Picard' Easter Eggs from the Borg Episode
- Star Trek: Picard Makes A Huge Change To The Galaxy
- Star Trek: Picard Just Changed The Galaxy In A Major Way
- Star Trek Picard prequel novel reveals who took over the Enterprise
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Responds to Concerns About Show's Violence and Darkness
- Ryan: Seven Trying To Survive In The Alpha Quadrant
- Star Trek Reveals A TNG Character Became Enterprise Captain After Picard
- Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen's Friendship Explained in Wired Clip
- Star Trek: Picard Explains Why The Show's So Dark And Violent
- Jeri Ryan Says She Loves Who Seven's Become On Star Trek: Picard
- Walter Koenig Calls Star Trek a 'Respite' From Trump
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals the New Captain of the Enterprise
- Picard Mocks Star Trek Creator's Problems With Casting Patrick Stewart
- Patrick Stewart Explains How He and Ian McKellen Became Inseparable
- Star Trek: Picard Originally Didn't Include Jonathan Frakes' Riker
- Star Trek: Picard Finally Reveals The Enterprise's New Captain
- Jonathan Frakes Says Star Trek: Picard Could Never Have Been Made Under Gene Roddenberry
- Jonathan Frakes on Borg Bond, Roddenberry Legacy
- Star Trek Author Dayton Ward Reveals the Secrets of Kirk Fu
- Star Trek Writer Comments on the Future of the Relaunch Timeline
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Says Picard Scene Would Never Have Happened Under Gene Roddenberry
- Frakes' Favorite Star Trek: Picard Scene
- Picard: Frakes Says Star Trek Creator Would Have Hated His Episode
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Wraps Filming
- Star Trek: Picard Gets Star Trek's Economics Wrong