“Star Trek: Picard” Season 1, Episode 2 “Maps and Legends”: Picard’s New Journey Begins [PREVIEW]
On the last Star Trek: Picard, Jean-Luc (Patrick Stewart) revealed to the world why he had a falling out with Starfleet during an interview. He also found a way to finally repay Data (Brent Spiner) – his friend and the colleague who saved his life – by finding out the origins of his twin “daughters” Dahj and Soji (Isa Briones).
“Star Trek: Picard” Recap – “Remembrance”
In an act of self-preservation, Romulan mercenaries triggered Dahj’s inner-Jason Bourne to evade capture. Unfortunately before Picard can find out more, she dies during a scuffle leaving Soji alone deep among the rebuilding Romulans. They appear to be adept at adopting Borg technology.
On separate fronts, Picard deals with xenophobia from a divided Earth stemming from their once sworn enemies, the Romulans, and synthetics. Picard’s rescue operation went to an abrupt end following a synthetic rebellion on Mars while building the fleet killing thousands. He meets Dr. Agnes Jurati (Alison Pill) at the Daystrom Institute, whose work becomes near irrelevant following the synthetics ban. He finds out from the doctor that Bruce Maddox, who tried to research Data and create cloned synthetics in the Star Trek: The Next Generationepisode “The Measure of a Man, continued having a hand in creating the twins.
Questions Going into “Maps and Legends”
How will Picard follow up piecing together the remnants of Data’s legacy? What has Maddox uncovered in his research since working on B4 (Spiner)? Does Picard have any allies left in the Federation or did he burn all his bridges?
CBS All Access also spoke with composer Jeff Russo on how he created the series theme.
About Tom Chang
I'm a gamer, sci-fi and fantasy fan. film and TV snob. I love to write and read the classics. Anything you want to talk about, I'm here to entertain or at least pretend to be interested.
More on this: 838 stories
- 'Star Trek: Picard' Easter Eggs from the Borg Episode
- Star Trek: Picard Makes A Huge Change To The Galaxy
- Star Trek: Picard Just Changed The Galaxy In A Major Way
- Star Trek Picard prequel novel reveals who took over the Enterprise
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Responds to Concerns About Show's Violence and Darkness
- Ryan: Seven Trying To Survive In The Alpha Quadrant
- Star Trek Reveals A TNG Character Became Enterprise Captain After Picard
- Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen's Friendship Explained in Wired Clip
- Star Trek: Picard Explains Why The Show's So Dark And Violent
- Jeri Ryan Says She Loves Who Seven's Become On Star Trek: Picard
- Walter Koenig Calls Star Trek a 'Respite' From Trump
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals the New Captain of the Enterprise
- Picard Mocks Star Trek Creator's Problems With Casting Patrick Stewart
- Patrick Stewart Explains How He and Ian McKellen Became Inseparable
- Star Trek: Picard Originally Didn't Include Jonathan Frakes' Riker
- Star Trek: Picard Finally Reveals The Enterprise's New Captain
- Jonathan Frakes Says Star Trek: Picard Could Never Have Been Made Under Gene Roddenberry
- Jonathan Frakes on Borg Bond, Roddenberry Legacy
- Star Trek Author Dayton Ward Reveals the Secrets of Kirk Fu
- Star Trek Writer Comments on the Future of the Relaunch Timeline
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Says Picard Scene Would Never Have Happened Under Gene Roddenberry
- Frakes' Favorite Star Trek: Picard Scene
- Picard: Frakes Says Star Trek Creator Would Have Hated His Episode
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Wraps Filming
- Star Trek: Picard Gets Star Trek's Economics Wrong