Star Trek: Picard episode 2: 5 questions we need answers to as Jean-Luc recruits his fleet in Maps and Legends
***Warning: Star Trek: Picard spoilers ahead***
The latest episode of Star Trek: Picard is offering more questions than answers as the complicated world of the synths seems to have an even darker underworld than anyone first anticipated.
As Jean-Luc (Patrick Stewart) tries to hunt down Romulin spies that are operating on Earth, and having his request for help from Starfleet ignored, Soju (Isa Briones) seems to be falling into the trap of Narek (Harry Treadaway).
So where do we go from here? With everything going on, there’s a lot that needs to be unpacked in the upcoming six episodes.
Here’s everything we’re left wondering as we wait (not so) patiently for episode three…
Is Agnes as noble as she makes out?
Are we the only ones that feel like Agnes Jurati (Allison Pill) is maybe hiding something from Picard?
It’s obvious already that she has a mission of her own, and knows a lot about the synthetic twins – recognising Dahj’s necklace in seconds as to what it means.
She seems panicked by this new discovery but at the same time, a lot of her life’s work has been about the synths and their contribution to the universe, and it’s something that was struck down in its prime.
Hired by Bruce Maddox, whose name became a massive plot point in today’s episode, she was the closest person to him we know his research and plans to create cloning.
Where is Bruce Maddox?
Bruce Maddox first appeared all the way back in Star Trek: TNG season 2 back in 1989, but is currently officially missing after creating a cloning procedure on synths that is technically illegal.
Agnes claims that she is unable to locate him following the banning on synthetics, but there’s a high chance that he’s responsible for the creation of Soju and Dahj, somewhere as close as three years ago.
With that meaning there’s a high possibility he’s alive, and still holding out influence on a creation that was inspired by Data, where the hell is he?
Guess with this new squad, it won’t be long till we find out.
What happened with Picard and Raffi?
When push came to shove, Picard was not happy, but still contacted, the complicated Raffi (Michelle Hurd).
Now living in the middle of nowhere, the pair obviously have a troubled past, but in this case both seem to have a mission of their own to focus on as they decide to work together.
As it was said: ‘She hates you and has nothing to lose’ … which isn’t exactly the firm basis for a successful team.
But the worlds of secret Romulin operatives seems to peak her interest enough to consider putting her interests aside.
How much does Soju know about her past?
Soju knows that she’s a twin – but does she know that she’s part synth?
Narek and his sister are both on a mission to find out where the rest of the synths are – which means that there could be a whole load of twins about to descend on the world.
But with a romantic entanglement on the world
What is Narek up to?
Romulin Narek has been put on a mission to get information from Soju about the rest of the synths – and has found his own unique way of doing it by sleeping with her.
However, despite himself, it seems that he’s actually curious about the charming young woman, watching her from across rooms (still creepy, even in space guys), and fascinated by the way she acts.
In fact, when his sister turns up to cause trouble and threaten him to get himself together, he seems put out – but not by having someone meddling with his business.
Is he actually falling for her a little bit?
Star Trek: Picard continues Fridays on Amazon Prime Video in the UK.
Got a showbiz story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page - we'd love to hear from you.Home › Entertainment › TV
More on this: 838 stories
- 'Star Trek: Picard' Easter Eggs from the Borg Episode
- Star Trek: Picard Makes A Huge Change To The Galaxy
- Star Trek: Picard Just Changed The Galaxy In A Major Way
- Star Trek Picard prequel novel reveals who took over the Enterprise
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Responds to Concerns About Show's Violence and Darkness
- Ryan: Seven Trying To Survive In The Alpha Quadrant
- Star Trek Reveals A TNG Character Became Enterprise Captain After Picard
- Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen's Friendship Explained in Wired Clip
- Star Trek: Picard Explains Why The Show's So Dark And Violent
- Jeri Ryan Says She Loves Who Seven's Become On Star Trek: Picard
- Walter Koenig Calls Star Trek a 'Respite' From Trump
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals the New Captain of the Enterprise
- Picard Mocks Star Trek Creator's Problems With Casting Patrick Stewart
- Patrick Stewart Explains How He and Ian McKellen Became Inseparable
- Star Trek: Picard Originally Didn't Include Jonathan Frakes' Riker
- Star Trek: Picard Finally Reveals The Enterprise's New Captain
- Jonathan Frakes Says Star Trek: Picard Could Never Have Been Made Under Gene Roddenberry
- Jonathan Frakes on Borg Bond, Roddenberry Legacy
- Star Trek Author Dayton Ward Reveals the Secrets of Kirk Fu
- Star Trek Writer Comments on the Future of the Relaunch Timeline
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Says Picard Scene Would Never Have Happened Under Gene Roddenberry
- Frakes' Favorite Star Trek: Picard Scene
- Picard: Frakes Says Star Trek Creator Would Have Hated His Episode
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Wraps Filming
- Star Trek: Picard Gets Star Trek's Economics Wrong