Star Trek Picard just brought in the next great ‘Trek actress
The world of Star Trek is filled with a variety of amazing talents from all sorts of worlds, but a key defining trait of most of them is their versatility.
So many Star Trek talents are known for their talent. They’re well trained, from a variety of projects and have a uniqueness that makes them able to thrive in a vastly unique world that is Star Trek. Star Trek: Picard has just delivered a name that could rival that of Christopher Lloyd, Christopher Plummer, and J. G. Hertzler. That name is Alison Pill.
Pill is wildly capable of playing any type of roll. From her scene-stealing performance in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World to her…well…scene-stealing performance in The Newsroom, to her……scene stealing performances in The Goon. She’s shown to have stellar comedic timing in Scott Pilgrim, as well as being able to portray a multi-layered working woman in the News Room to being just…a mess in The Goon.
Now that she’s in a Star Trek series, her talents will be put to good use. Being able to be versatile in Star Trek is a necessity. You never know when or where you’ll have to change your personality at a whim and portray someone so different than what you were originally cast as. Pill is uniquely qualified to pull off such a demanding possibility.
The only hang-up with Pill being in Picard is the uncertainty that she’ll be around for a long time. How many episodes is she penciled in for? We know from shows like The Mandalorian that big names aren’t always used in abundance. If someone like Gina Carano only gets a few episodes, then it’s not unfair to wonder if Pill will get treated the same. Pill is listed in all eight episodes on IMDB as Dr. Agnes Jurati, but as we all know that doesn’t mean she’ll be in all eight. Here’s hoping she is because she’s fantastic and fans deserve to see her talent.
More on this: 840 stories
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals the New Captain of the Enterprise
- Star Trek: Picard Originally Didn't Include Jonathan Frakes' Riker
- Star Trek: Picard Finally Reveals The Enterprise's New Captain
- Jonathan Frakes on Borg Bond, Roddenberry Legacy
- Star Trek Author Dayton Ward Reveals the Secrets of Kirk Fu
- Star Trek Writer Comments on the Future of the Relaunch Timeline
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Says Picard Scene Would Never Have Happened Under Gene Roddenberry
- Frakes' Favorite Star Trek: Picard Scene
- Picard: Frakes Says Star Trek Creator Would Have Hated His Episode
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Wraps Filming
- Star Trek: Picard Gets Star Trek's Economics Wrong
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 5
- Star Trek 4 Could Reportedly Lose Its Director Again
- Star Trek: Yesterday's Enterprise Almost Had a Much Darker Ending
- Star Trek: Picard Almost Didn't Bring Back Jonathan Frakes as Will Riker
- Star Trek: Picard's Riker Appearance Breaks a Star Trek Actor Record
- Star Trek: Picard's New Doctor Is Already More Important Than You Think
- Toy Fair 2020: New Look at Star Trek Cats from Chronicle Collectibles
- Star Trek 4 Director Reportedly Doesn't Want Original Cast To Return
- Star Trek: Seven of Nine's Tragic Picard Story Deserves Its Own Spinoff
- New Star Trek Movie, Two More TV Shows Confirmed In Development
- Star Trek: Picard Subtly Reused Voyager's Theme Tune Perfectly
- Star Trek: Picard Confirms DS9's [SPOILER] Is On Freecloud
- The 'Picard' Scene 'Star Trek' Creator Gene Roddenberry Would Hate
- Soul of Star Trek: Star Trek's End?