Star Trek: Discovery Star Teases Her Return As Number One
Star Trek: Discoveryseason 2 reintroduced new versions of three classic characters – Ethan Peck’s Spock, Anson Mount’s Christopher Pike and Rebecca Romijn’s Number One. After that season ended with the U.S.S. Discovery flung into the far future, meaning we won’t get any more from this trio on the show, Trek fans demanded that a spinoff be produced focusing on the pre-TOS days of the Enterprise crew.
That hasn’t materialized yet, but the second run of Star Trek: Short Treks did bring back all three in various episodes. As far as we know, nothing else is in the works with these characters, but that hasn’t stopped Romijn from revealing that she’s still involved with the franchise. The actress spoke to The Daily Front Row about her new jewelry line recently but also dropped a brief hint that she’s not done as Number One, saying:
Discovery EP Alex Kurtzman has previously maintained that a spinoff with Pike, Spock and Una – to use her real name – is possible, with the producer revealing that his team is working out the best way to bring them back. Going by Romijn’s comment, it seems this problem has been solved and there’s something coming involving the trio.
The actress suggests she hasn’t committed to a regular gig though and rather that she’s continuing to turn up in the Trek universe now and again, so we maybe shouldn’t be expecting a full series to appear. Still, it sounds like it’s safe to expect more from the original Enterprise crew in some form in the future. Another Short Trek, perhaps? Or some kind of flashback that somehow slots into either Discovery or Star Trek: Picard? Maybe.
Speaking of Picard, that’s currently airing on CBS All Access, while Star Trek: Discovery will return for its third season later this year.
Source: The Daily Front Row
More on this: 827 stories
- Star Trek: Yesterday's Enterprise Almost Had a Much Darker Ending
- Star Trek: Picard Almost Didn't Bring Back Jonathan Frakes as Will Riker
- Star Trek: Picard's Riker Appearance Breaks a Star Trek Actor Record
- Star Trek: Picard's New Doctor Is Already More Important Than You Think
- Star Trek 4 Director Reportedly Doesn't Want Original Cast To Return
- Star Trek: Seven of Nine's Tragic Picard Story Deserves Its Own Spinoff
- New Star Trek Movie, Two More TV Shows Confirmed In Development
- Star Trek: Picard Subtly Reused Voyager's Theme Tune Perfectly
- Star Trek: Picard Confirms DS9's [SPOILER] Is On Freecloud
- The 'Picard' Scene 'Star Trek' Creator Gene Roddenberry Would Hate
- Soul of Star Trek: Star Trek's End?
- One New Star Trek Movie And Two TV Shows Confirmed To Be In Development
- Star Trek: Picard Kills Off a Pivotal Franchise Character
- Enterprise BARELY edges Voyager as most underappreciated show
- Star Trek Finally Confirms A Major Character's LGBTQ Status
- Star Trek: Picard Gives Raffi A Tragic Backstory
- "Star Trek: Picard" Season 1 "Stardust City Rag" [Review]: Powerful Turn
- May 2020 IDW Publishing Star Trek Comics
- 'Picard' Explained: Grief Continues to Spread Throughout 'Stardust City Rag'
- "Star Trek: Discovery" Season 3: Federation as "La Résistance"? [Key Art]
- Star Trek: Picard References TOS' Retconned First Federation
- Star Trek: 10 Best Mirror Universe Characters
- Star Trek: Picard - Icheb and the Fenris Rangers, Explained
- Star Trek: Discovery Reveals New Key Art for Season 3
- Star Trek: Picard Confirms That A Fan Favorite Character's LGBTQ